This portion of the TeamCollaboration tutorials walks you through the creation of a test payment gateway, customer account, contacts and payment methods.
The exercises will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
Exercise 1: Set Up a Customer Account
Objective: To add a new customer account.
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Accounts in the left-hand navigation section.
- Click add new account.
- Enter values in the following fields:
- Account Name: ABC, Inc.
- Bill To Contact First Name: Bill
- Bill To Contact Last Name: Smith
- Sold To Contact: Select Same as Bill to Contact.
- In the Payment Method section, enter the following values:
- Select the External Payment radio button to simulate a customer who will pay you by check.
- In the External Payment Method field, select Check.
- Click save to create a new customer in Zuora.
On the detail page for the new customer, the Key Metrics section shows a quick snapshot of the customer account in Zuora.
- In the Billing and Payment Info section, you can specify the invoice template to use for billing the customer. There is a tutorial exercise for creating custom invoice templates later in this guide.