You can set up payment methods for both new customer accounts during the account creation process, or by editing an existing account. You can add a maximum of 100 payment methods to an account.
Set Up a Payment Method for a New Customer Account
To set up a payment method during the creation of a new customer account:
- Under Payment Method, select the radio button for the payment method you want to set up. The default value is None, but you can also select Zuora Payment Methods (managed by Zuora) or External Payment Method.
- If you select Zuora Payment Method (managed by Zuora), select one of the available payment method options (for example, credit card, debit card, or ACH). After you select the applicable option, a new window will appear for you to enter the payment method details (for example, for the credit card option, enter the card number, expiration date, and other required information). When selected, the Zuora Payment Method (managed by Zuora) option displays the different types of electronic payment methods available to choose from. The list of available options depends on the payment methods supported by Zuora for your default payment gateway.
- If you select External Payment Method, select one of the available payment method options in the list that appears.
- Enter the payment method details.
- Click save after creating your account and payment method.
Set Up a Payment Method for an Existing Customer Account
To set up a new electronic payment method for an existing customer account:
- Access the customer account for which you want to create a payment method.
- Under Electronic Payment Methods, click create new payment method. This opens a new page in which you can choose from one the available electronic payment methods.
- Select one of the available payment methods.
- When you select the payment method type, a new window appears. Enter the information for that payment method. For example, for credit card payments, enter the card number, expiration date, and other required information.
- Click save to save the payment method in the customer account.
When entering a credit card or debit card as an electronic payment method, you can default the credit or debit card billing address to the address of the bill-to contact or the sold-to contact. This allows you to quickly enter electronic payment methods in cases where the card address matches your contact’s address.