You can reverse a previously made invoice item adjustment by creating another adjustment that counters the effect of the previous adjustment, even in a closed accounting period.
This feature is only available if you have the Enable Counter Item and Credit Balance Adjustments feature enabled. The Enable Counter Item and Credit Balance Adjustments feature is in Limited Availability. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Reversing Invoice Item Adjustments
Perform the following steps to change invoice item adjustments in a closed accounting period.
- Navigate to Z-Billing > Billing Operations.
- Select the invoice for which you want to reverse an adjustment.
- Click more and select Adjust Invoice Items from the drop-down.
- Enter the amount you want to offset as a net credit or net charge. If you enter an amount in the Credit field, the Charge field will be grayed out.
Under Invoice Details, you’ll be able to see all the adjustments you’ve made, as well as the new adjustment amount.
- Click adjust invoice item.