The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memo, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information.
If you do not know to which customer account the payment belongs, you can create an unassigned payment first. Zuora allows you to create a payment without specifying a customer account from the Zuora UI and REST API. Later, you can transfer the unapplied payment to the correct account.
When creating a payment, the total number of invoices and debit memos that the payment will apply to should be less than or equal to 1,000.
If the Proration application rule is used, when creating a payment, the following quantity must be less than or equal to 10,000:
(number of invoice items + number of debit memo items) * number of payment items
Otherwise, the First In First Out rule will be used instead of the Proration rule.
To create a payment without specifying the customer account from the Zuora REST API, see POST Create Payment.
To create a payment without specifying the customer account from the Zuora UI:
- Navigate to Payments > Payments in the left-hand navigation section, and click create payment.
- Specify the following information in the Basic Information panel:
- From the Payment Method list, select a payment method you used for the payment.
- From the Currency list, select a currency type. Only activated currency types are displayed in this list.
- In the Payment Date field, specify the date when the payment takes effect.
- In the Payment Amount field, specify the amount of the payment.
- (Optional) In the Reference ID field, specify a reference ID.
- (Optional) In the Comments field, enter the comments for this payment.
- Specify the following information in the Finance Information panel:
- From the Transferred to Accounting list, select the status of the mapping from Zuora to a third party, such as NetSuite or Salesforce.
- From the Bank Account list, select the accounting code that maps to a bank account in your accounting system.
- From the Unapplied Payment list, select the accounting code for the unapplied payment.
- Click create payment.