The Active Rating feature is in development. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
You can import usage data by uploading usage files through the REST API or the Zuora UI.
A usage file can be in comma-separated value (.csv), Microsoft Excel (.xls), or ZIP format. The maximum size of a usage file to be uploaded is 20 MB. If the size of a usage file exceeds 20 MB, zip the usage file before uploading it. One ZIP file can only contain one CSV or Excel file.
The name of a usage file cannot be longer than 50 characters, including the length of the file name extension. See Usage Data Import for detailed format information about the data in the usage file.
If a validation error occurs in any usage record contained in one usage file, no usage records will be imported from the usage import file.
To upload a usage file through the REST API, see Import usage file for more information.
To upload a usage file through the Zuora UI:
- In the left-hand navigation section, navigate to Billing > Usage.
- On the All Usage Records page, click in the upper-right corner.
- In the Upload Usage File dialog:
- Click browse, navigate to the location of a usage file, and click Open.
- Optional: In the Description (optional) area, add comments about the usage file.
For example, you can add a comment "This usage file contains 500 usage records related to 20 customer accounts." Later, you can see the description displayed in the Description field on the Usage File Details page.
- Click Upload to upload the usage file.
You can also drag the usage file to the File Upload area, and then click Upload to upload the usage file. After the usage file is uploaded, usage records contained in the usage file are imported.