The Connect Tax Engines feature is in Limited Availability. If you wish to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Zuora provides Connect tax engines for integration with a third-party tax engine via tax connector apps.
- You can integrate with the CCH SureTax tax engine via Zuora's CCH SureTax Connector app. This app is available from Zuora Marketplace.
- You can integrate with the ONESOURCE Determination (formerly Sabrix) tax engine via Zuora's ONESOURCE Determination Tax Connector app. This app is available from the Marketplace.
- You can integrate with the Vertex tax engine via Zuora's Vertex Tax Connector app. This app is available from the Marketplace.
- You can integrate with Avalara’s AvaTax for Communications tax engine via Zuora’s AvaTax for Communications Connector app. This app is available for from the Marketplace.
See Marketplace for information about purchasing and installing apps for your organization.
To use the Connect Tax Engines feature, you must have the Extension Platform feature enabled.
Set Up Connect Tax Engines
You can set up a Connect tax engine to integrate with a third-party tax engine for tax automation via Zuora's tax connector apps.
To set up Connect tax engines:
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Billing > Billing Settings.
- Click Setup External Tax Engine.
- Select Connect Tax Engine from the list, and click setup new tax engine.
- In the Basic Information area on the Setup Tax Engine page, specify the basic information for the new tax engine:
- In the Name field, specify a name for the new Connect tax engine.
- In the Connect Url field, specify the URL of Zuora's corresponding tax connector app to connect to.
- In the Connect Token field, specify the token to connect to Zuora's corresponding tax connector app.
- Click test connection to verify that you can successfully connect to Zuora's corresponding tax connector app.
- In the Custom Fields sent to Open Tax Connector area, select the custom fields that you want to send to Zuora's corresponding tax connector app to help tax calculation.
- Click save to save the configurations.
A single tax calculation request sent to a tax connector app can have a maximum of 15,000 taxable items. If a tax calculation request contains more than 15,000 taxable items and is sent to a tax connector app, the request will fail and an error message will be returned.
For example, no tax calculation request is sent to the corresponding tax connector app, and an error message is returned in any of the following scenarios:
- You want to post an invoice that contains more than 15,000 invoice items.
- You want to create an order to add a product with 200 monthly charge segments for two years, and a total of 24,000 items will be contained in the tax calculation request.