Zuora allows you to create refunds on payments. To issue a refund:
- Navigate to Payments > Payments.
- In the payments list, select the payment for which you want to issue a partial or full refund.
- On the payment detail page, click more > Refund this payment. In the dialog that is displayed, click OK.
This opens a new page where you can create a new refund. This page has the original payment details populated as well as the invoices associated with the original payment.
- Select a Refund Type: External Refund or Electronic Refund.
- The Refund Type defaults to the type in which the original payment was made. For electronic payments, you can choose to issue a refund electronically or via an external method (for example, check). If the original payment was an external payment, you will only have the option of creating an external refund.
- If you have issued a refund directly within your gateway for a payment which was processed in Payments, you can track that refund by creating an external refund in Payments.
- Optional: Select a Reason Code for the refund.
Reason codes are a way that you can include additional information or business process context on payment operations transactions. This list contains all of the payment refund reason codes that are active in your Zuora tenant. See Reason Codes for Payment Operations for detailed information about reason codes.
- Under Transaction(s) associated to the Original Payment, keep the check box associated with the Transaction Number (the invoice number associated with the original payment) selected. This pre-populates the Refund Amount with the full payment amount. Edit the value in the Refund Amount field to change the amount you want to refund.
- Click create refund to process the refund, or click create refund and adjust invoice items to create a partial refund.