Braintree provides merchant account, payment gateway, and credit card storage services for online merchants.
You can use Braintree's Account Updater service to update the credit card information on the Braintree side. This service operates independently of the Zuora Billing system. Therefore, you must manually configure the Account Updater service in Braintree instead of in Zuora.
Supported Payment Methods
Braintree supports the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diners Club)
Stored Credential Transactions
Braintree gateway includes support for the Stored Credential Transaction framework of Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Configure the Braintree Gateway
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select Braintree from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click create gateway.
You must configure some common fields in the Basic Information area for every gateway configuration. See Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount: The default amount cannot be overridden. The validation amount is determined by Braintree.
- Verify new payment method (optional)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
In addition to the common fields, you should specify the following fields:
- Merchant Id: A unique identifier for your gateway account
- Merchant Account Id: You can have multiple merchant accounts to process transactions for different businesses or currencies within your Braintree gateway. Each merchant account will be associated with a unique merchant account ID.
- Public Key: User-specific public identifier
- Private Key: User-specific secure identifier that should not be shared
- Soft Descriptor (Optional): The specified value for this field will be presented on customers’ credit card statements. It corresponds to the
descriptorfield on the Braintree side. See Braintree's documentation for more information.
After you have entered the necessary information, click save gateway information.
Testing Your Configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway by using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See Testing and Go Live in Braintree Developer Docs for details.
The Braintree payment gateway uses version 2.81.0 of the Braintree Java JAR.