The Payeezy gateway is a dynamic eCommerce solution that helps you create a seamless customer experience by offering more payment options, security features, and easy integration.
Contact Zuora Global Support to enable the payment methods you want to configure for your merchant account.
Supported Payment Methods
The First Data integration supports the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diners Club)
- Credit Card Reference Transaction
Note that only the existing First Data Payeezy tokens are currently supported as a Credit Card Reference Transaction payment method type. Generating tokens in Zuora is not supported.
Stored Credential Transactions
FirstData Payeezy includes support for the Stored Credential Transaction framework from Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Supported Payment Operations
The First Data integration supports the following payment operations:
|Payment method||Supported payment operations|
|Credit Card Reference Transaction||
Configure the FirstData Payeezy Gateway
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select FirstData Payeezy from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click create gateway.
- In the New Gateway configuration page, specify values for the gateway configuration fields.
- Click save gateway configuration.
Common Configuration Fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Name: Choose a name that identifies this payment gateway. We recommend using a name that helps your users identify the gateway.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: Select this check box if you want Billing to use the payment gateway's test service URL. This allows you to test payment transactions while you are setting up your Billing.
The merchant must contact FirstData to obtain the Token, API Key and API Secret prior to setting up the FirstData Payeezy gateway.
- Token: This is the token associated with the merchant account and is used to identify the merchant.
- API Key: The API Key is a unique identifier used to determine API access right for the FirstData merchant account.
- API Secret: The secret key is an encryption/decryption key unique to the merchant account and is used to receive or retrieve data.
- Cards Accepted: Select the credit cards that you accept.
- Default Authorization Amount: The minimum default amount used to process a payment. For American Express payments, a minimum of $1.00 is required.
- Verify new payment method (optional): Whether to verify the new credit card.
- Verify updated payment method (optional): Whether to verify the updated credit card.
Additional Configuration Fields
- Default to 0 auth for supported card types (optional): When this check box is selected, any amount entered in the Default Authorization Amount field will have no effect for supported credit cards, such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Credit Card Reference Transaction payment types.
- Credit Card Payment Transaction Type (optional): This field indicates the credit card transaction type for non-stored credential payments.
- Static Soft Descriptor (optional): Enter this field to pass the
DBANamesoft descriptor field to the gateway to indicate the name of a business. It is equivalent to the
SoftDescriptorfield in Zuora API operations. The character limit is 21 characters. Zuora recommends that you refer to the following Payeezy documentation to understand how to use soft descriptors:
- Static Soft Descriptor Phone (optional): Enter this field to pass the
Citysoft descriptor to the gateway. It is equivalent to the
SoftDescriptorPhonefield in Zuora API operations. The character limit is 10 characters. Visa requires that MOTO merchants put a phone number in this field. Ecommerce merchants may use this field for a URL, email address, or phone number. Zuora recommends that you refer to the following Payeezy documentation to understand how to use soft descriptors:
Credit Card Reference (CCRef) Transactions
Credit Card Reference transactions are payment transactions that utilize a transaction ID from a previously authorized transaction to process a subsequent payment. The transaction ID is a token that replaces sensitive payment method information (for example, a credit card or a bank account number) so the transaction ID/token is stored in Zuora as the payment method in place of sensitive card data or bank account information. To use the CCRef payment method, contact Zuora Global Support to enable the CCRef for your tenant.
First Data Payeezy gateway does not support using only tokens to create CCRef payment methods. If you already have tokens, in order to make payments using these tokens, you should:
- Deselect the Verify new payment method checkbox in your gateway instance configuration,
- Create new CCRef payment methods by configuring the following fields:
When performing payments, Zuora will send all the preceding fields to the First Data Payeezy gateway.
Multi-Pay Tokens adds the ability to perform an authorized financial transaction within the merchant environment. The merchant submits a token that it already has on file for a specific consumer/card to First Data who accesses the vault to retrieve the PAN and complete the transaction. By using this type of token in the payment authorization process, the merchant reduces the risk of having the real PAN stolen as it is being collected from the consumer or stored by the merchant.
First Data's TransArmour product and Multi-Pay tokens must be configured for you merchant account before you can process CCRef payments. Contact your First Data Relationship Manager to enable TransArmour for your merchant account.
The ACH payment method is supported by the Payeezy gateway and can be implemented to help reduce your payment processing costs and provide your customers with a payment option other than credit or debit cards. This payment method is First Data's TeleCheck® solution.
Before you can accept ACH payments, your merchant account needs to be configured to accept checks with the specific TeleCheck® product you need. If you want to accept checks, please contact your First Data Sales Representative or Relationship Manager.
Notes on Authorization Reversals and Voids
The First Data Payeezy Gateway has a pre-batching functionality that speeds up the settlement and prevents funding delays. The pre-batching functionality is performed at 10:00 AM, 3:00 PM. This means that the First Data Payeezy gateway does not allow void transactions.
When processing Credit Card payment methods with authorization and void calls, the First Data Payeezy gateway returns a 307 error code, and the void operation fails. However, the corresponding bank will still release the authorization on the transaction after 7 to 10 days. The Credit Card payment methods will still be created successfully even though void operations fail.