To enable multi-threading support, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Multi-threading support allows you to parallelly process bill runs and payment runs, which shortens the processing time leading to the following benefits. Each additional thread provides capacity for concurrent processing.
- Improve operational efficiencies by
- Reducing the need to manage parallel bill runs
- Reducing processing lead-time during business hours
- Maximize cash flow by
- Having invoices ready for downstream processes
- Processing payments within a time window to increase the success
You can use multi-threads in the following operations for bill runs and payment runs.
The maximum number of threads you can use depends on your Zuora Edition. See Zuora Editions for details.
Assessment and provisioning
To request threads, contact Zuora Global Support. Provisioning of the threads will follow an assessment process. Get prepared for the following questions.
Consider the following factors when using the multi-threading support:
- The number of threads to enable might be bound by the agreement that you have with your tax engine providers and payment gateway providers.
- Zuora direct Avalara integration does not support multi-threading. The number of posting threads must be 1 (rating concurrency may be increased).
- To maximize the benefits of multi-threading support, you can update the following:
- Bill run or payment run scheduling
- Billing account updates
- Retiring any customization logic, such as Zuora Workflow, which manages batches