The Multi-Attribute Pricing charge model is available to all customers. However, to use the Multi-Attribute Pricing charge model for usage charges, you must be a user of Zuora Advanced Billing.
With the Multi-Attribute Pricing charge model, you can charge your end users based on attributes on the usage record. To achieve this, first define the Usage custom fields that will carry the attribute data, next use a custom object to define the data that will be looked up, and then specify the formula on the charge within the product catalog that will relate the Usage custom field data to the record within the custom object.
The following guide provides an example configuration of a Multi-Attribute Pricing charge model, by creating custom fields, defining custom objects, and then creating usage records with the custom fields. In this example, a car rental company wants to charge its registered users based on vehicle type and rental location. To achieve this goal, the company has to go through the following steps:
- Create custom fields for the Usage object
- Create a custom object with multi-attribute data
- Create a custom object as the lookup table definition
- Add records to the lookup table
- Create product rate plan charges and subscriptions
- Create usage records with the Usage custom fields
- View the status and details of the created usage records
The example lookup table used by the car rental company is as follows:
The actual car rental price for each usage record is calculated based on the following prototype formula (the actual Price Formula will be different):
Usage Quantity * Price Multiplier
See Price Formula Reference for more information.