You must first create a customer account before you can create a subscription. Once you have made a customer account, you can create subscriptions for that account.
Creating a Subscription
To create a subscription from the Customer Accounts page:
- Go to Customers > Customer Accounts in the left-hand navigation section.
- Select a customer account.
- Click create new subscription. This opens the New Subscription page.
- Specify the Basic Information. For more information, see Specifying Basic Information for a Subscription.
- Select whether to invoice the subscription separately.
- Select the renewal options.
- Add products and rate plans. Continue adding additional products and rate plans as needed. When you are done with this step, the subscription is ready to be activated. You can use the type ahead to search for the product and rate plan names by entering a few letters of the product or rate plan name. Zuora Billing will provide a narrowed down list of possibilities.
- Save and activate the subscription when you are ready to begin billing.
To create a subscription from the REST API, see POST Subscription.
Overriding Rate Plan Charge Settings
When creating a subscription, you can override settings in the rate plan. For example, you can change the billing timing setting of a rate plan from in advance to in arrears when you create a subscription.
To override settings in a rate plan:
- Click the Charge Name of the rate plan that you want to change.
- Change the settings in the rate plan.
- Click done.