When you renew a subscription, the current subscription term is extended by creating a new term. The number of periods that a subscription is extended is defined by the Renewal Term attributed to the subscription. Use the following steps to renew a subscription.
Using the Zuora User Interface to Renew a Subscription
- Select the subscription you want to renew.
- Click Amendment.
- Enter an Amendment Name. Optionally, enter a Change Description.
- Select Renewal from the Amendment Type list, then click Save.
- The Amendment Detail section outlines the effect of the renewal.
- Click Active. Enter a Customer Acceptance Date, then click Save.
Using the Zuora API to Renew a Subscription
See Renewing a Subscription and follow the instructions based on your WSDL version.
Amend or Cancel a Subscription Before The Renewal Term Starts
After you have renewed a subscription, you can still create amendments or cancel the subscription before the renewal term starts. See Amend or Cancel a Subscription Before the Renewal Term for more information.