This article introduces Booking Transaction object.
What is Booking Transaction?
The Booking Transaction object is available in the data source and data query. This object stores data and data change on the Zuora Billing side. It provides the systems downstream of Zuora Billing with consistent and traceable data, such as the order and booking data for Zuora Revenue. This object is now only available to the tenants with Zuora Billing - Revenue Integration enabled. If you want access to this object, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Booking Transaction captures important changes and the delta values on Rate Plan Charge, Order Line Items, and similar objects when a subscription is created or modified. It is mainly used for Booking Reconciliation.
When a new subscription is created, a backend job is triggered, and Booking Transaction(s) is generated on segment level if one of the following conditions is met:
- new segment is not Discount AND the new segment's quantity is not the same as the previous segment's
- new segment is Discount AND the new segment's ELP is not the same as the previous segment’s
- new segment's Effective Start Date is not the same as the previous segment's
- new segment's Effective End Date is not the same as the previous segment's
- new segment's CCV is not the same as the previous segment's
There are more than 50 fields in one Booking Transaction Object, including Subscription information (ID, Name, and so on), Product, Charge, Changes/Amendment Types, Accounting Codes, Currency, CCV-related stats, and so on.
Note that the Account level discount is not supported. In addition, fixed amount discounts will not be supported as part of the discount allocation.