Welcome to the release notes for Zuora Billing Release 280 (R280), July 2020.
For more information about the release notes of other Zuora products, see Zuora Release Notes.
Subscribe to Release Notifications in Zuora Community to receive notifications about Zuora Billing releases.
See API Changelog for a summary of REST API updates and documentation updates in the Zuora API Reference.
New charge models for usage-based services
All the new charge models are in Early Adopter phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters. If you want to have access to these charge models, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Zuora now supports the following new charge models to provide additional various pricing strategies for usage-based services:
- High Watermark Volume Pricing
- High Watermark Tiered Pricing
- Pre-Rated Per Unit Pricing
- Pre-Rated Pricing
- Multi-Attribute Pricing
See Charge Models for more information.
Orders and Subscriptions
New fields available in the Order Action data source
The migration to full Orders is in Limited Availability. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing as generally available.
Zuora has enhanced the Order Action data source. The following fields are now available in the data source:
- Auto Renew
- Current Term
- Current Term Period Type
- Renewal Setting
- Renewal Term
- Renewal Term Period Type
- Resume Date
- Suspend Date
- Term Start Date
- Term Type
Change in modifying the account number of a customer account
You can now modify the account number of an account only if the account has no subscriptions or only draft subscriptions. Otherwise, the account number cannot be modified. Previously, the account number of a customer account could be modified if no posted invoices were present on the account.
Enhancement for writing off or reversing zero-balance invoice items
This feature is only available if you have Invoice Settlement enabled. The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memos, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information.
During invoice write-off or reversal, Zuora now supports the following behaviors:
- Creating credit memo items from invoice items with zero balance
- Creating credit memo taxation items from invoice taxation items with zero balance
This change does not apply to the scenario where all the items of an invoice have zero balance.
This change is available only if you set the Create credit memos mirroring invoice items billing rule to Yes, the newly introduced option. See Define Billing Rules for more information.
Zuora Central Sandbox generally available for US Data Center customers
Zuora Central Sandbox combines the capability to copy production data along with production-like performance into a single test environment tenant. It is hosted on a production-like AWS infrastructure, allowing you to test the API response time, the bill runs and payment runs with production-level data loading.
Reporting and Analytics
New CSV Encoding option for including a byte order mark in data source exports
When creating a data source export through the Zuora UI or SOAP API, you can now specify whether to include a byte order mark at the beginning of exported CSV data.
In the Zuora UI, the new CSV Encoding option enables you to specify whether to include a byte order mark. Zuora recommends that you include a byte order mark if you plan to open the exported data with Excel. See Generate a Data Source Export for more information.
Zuora Billing UI enhancements
Starting from Zuora Billing Release 278, we will make continuous enhancements to the Zuora Billing UI for better usability.
The following changes are available as of Zuora Billing Release 280, July 2020.
- In the Product & Charges area of the New Subscription page, a maximum of 50 products now can be displayed in the Product list. If more than 10 products are included in the Product list, you can scroll up and down to see the whole list. Previously, at most 15 products were displayed in the non-scrollable Product list.
- When creating a product rate plan charge with the Tiered or Volume Pricing charge model, if you do not select any value from the UOM list in the Charge Amount area, no price table tier is now displayed in the Price Table field by default. Previously, one price table tier was displayed.
- In the Product & Charges area of the New Subscription page, if you select one product with multiple product rate plans from the Product list, no product rate plan is now selected from the Rate Plan list by default. Previously, a random product rate plan was selected from the Rate Plan list.
- On the All Amendments page, the Order MRR field is now called Delta Gross MRR in the list view and the expanded view. The Order TCV field is now called Delta Gross TCV in the amendment expanded view.
- In the list view of the All Subscriptions page, you now have the option to right-click the subscription number and open the subscription detail page in another browser tab. The list view of all subscriptions remains in the current tab. Previously, the subscription detail page could be displayed only in the current tab.