To have bundle products available for subscriptions and amendments quotes, set up your product catalog in Salesforce as described in this section.
Product Bundle Structure
In the Zuora product catalog in Salesforce, bundling and base / add-on product categorizations collectively define product packaging.
A bundle is a group of products associated to another product for either value or convenience. You would bundle your products and services together for purchasing convenience or a discounted price tag. A bundle encapsulates other products where there’s no real “Base” product, e.g. Microsoft Office.
When you select a bundle, all the components in that bundle are automatically selected.
Base and add-on relationship defines add-ons to be offered with any base product, including whether they are required, optional or default selected. A clear “Base” product exists, e.g., Cable TV with a DVR.
When you select a base product, the add-ons are not automatically selected with the base.
Add-on products have their own rate plans and charges and can behave differently depending on which base product they might have a relationship with.
The bundling-enhanced product catalog has the following structure.
- Product: Each product item in the product catalog represents a product or service that your company sells. A product can be one of the following types.
- Bundle: A combination of two or more products that can be sold individually. This is the top most level in the product bundle hierarchy.
- Standalone: A standalone product can be sold individually or as a component in a bundle.
- Product Rate Plan: The price of a product is described by a rate plan. A rate plan represents a collection of charges that your customers may incur when subscribing to your product. Rate plans and charges define your go-to-market pricing strategy.
- Product Rate Plan Charge: Product rate plan charges are the fees that you charge your customer when they subscribe to your product. They also include the rules for those fees. Each rate plan can include any number of charges.
- Product Rate Plan Charge Tier: A product rate plan charge tier holds the price for a product rate plan charge. Each product rate plan charge has at least one tier associated with it.
- Features: A feature is an attribute of a product and is used to describe the product, e.g. color, size, or weight. A feature is not offered as an individual sale item and does not have a price.
- Product Feature: An instance of a feature added to a product.
- Product Option Group: A product option group defines a logical set of product options, e.g. support levels.
- Product Option: A product option defines the products in a bundle using the one-to-one relationship between a parent bundle and a child product.
- Product Rate Plan Option: A product rate plan option is a snapshot of the product rate plan as applicable to a specific bundle. You can set the Effective Start Date and Effective End Date of the rate plan specific to the bundle.
- Product Rate Plan Charge Option: A product rate plan charge option is a snapshot of the product rate plan charge as applicable to a specific bundle. You can override the Maximum, Minimum, Default Quantities and the Price specific to the bundle.
- Product Rate Plan Charge Tier Option: A product rate plan charge tier option is a snapshot of the product rate plan charge tier as applicable to the bundle. You can override the Starting and Ending Units, Price and Price Format specific to the bundle.
See Product Catalog Concepts for detail information about products, rate plans, charges, and tiers as used in Zuora subscriptions.
Workflow to Set up Product Catalog in Salesforce for Quotes
To set up a product catalog to use in quoting process, you must perform the following steps in the order given:
- If you want to build the Salesforce product catalog using the products and rate plans you set up in Zuora:
- With the Enable Bundling setting disabled in your tenant, perform a product catalog sync from Zuora to Salesforce. The Enable Bundling setting is disabled by default in all Zuora tenants.
- Verify that your Zuora products, rate plans, charges, and tiers are synced correctly.
- Submit a request at Zuora Global Support to turn on the Enable Bundling setting in your Zuora tenant.
- Wait for the Enable Bundling tenant setting to be synchronized to your Salesforce org. You can check the setting in Zuora Config in Advanced Quote Configuration Settings.
See below if you want to manually check the Zuora tenant setting before the scheduled time.
- If needed, add additional products, product rate plans, product rate plan charges, and product rate plan charge tiers in Salesforce.
- Define bundles.
- Add product option groups, product options, product rate plan options, product rate plan charge options, and product rate plan charge tier options.
- The products are ready to be used in the quoting process.
Manually Enable Bundling
To use the new Bundling and Rules Engine features, the Enable Bundling setting must be enabled in Zuora Quotes. The Enable Bundling setting is automatically enabled at 0:00AM by the scheduled Apex job RefreshCustomSettingSchedulable on the following day after the corresponding Zuora setting is enabled in your Zuora tenant.
Note that you must manually enable the Enable Bundling setting if your Quotes is version 9.8 or later because this scheduled Apex job is deleted when you upgraded to Quotes 9.8 or later. See Review the Scheduled Jobs for Refresh Custom Settings for more information.
To manually enable the Enable Bundling setting:
- In Salesforce, open Developer Console.
- Navigate to Debug > Open Execute Anonymous Window.
- In the Enter Apex Code window, type:
- Click Execute.
- In Zuora Quotes, click the Zuora Config tab and verify that the Enable Bundling setting is correctly updated in the Advanced Quoting Configuration Settings.
Your Salesforce org and your Zuora tenant must both be pointing to each other. The
refreshCpqPermission operation, scheduled or manual, will fail if the Salesforce Credentials configured in your Zuora tenant do not point to the Salesforce org you are using.