When you create an amendment and sync it to Salesforce, by default, the original version of the subscription is deleted, and a new subscription with a new Salesforce ID is created in Salesforce. If your custom application requires a lookup reference to the original subscription, follow the steps in this article to enable and use the single subscription when creating amendments in Zuora Quotes.
To enable and use the single subscription for amendments:
- Stop existing sync operations.
- Upgrade your Zuora 360 package to the 2.104 or later release.
- Ensure that the user who performs 360 syncs has the correct security access to the new fields listed below.
- Contact Zuora Support to enable the tenant permission to use the single subscription in your Zuora Sandbox. Test 360 Sync thoroughly in the API Sandbox.
- If all testing is successful in the API Sandbox, repeat the steps #1 to #4 to enable your tenant permission in your Production environment.
The following two new fields were added to Zuora 360 to support the single subscription for amendments:
- The Subscription Number field (Zuora__SubscriptionNumber__c) was added to the Subscription object as an External ID. If this feature is enabled in your tenant, 360 Sync will upsert a Subscription using the Subscription Number. Since Subscription Number does not change across Subscription versions, Subscription records in Salesforce will have the same Salesforce Record ID across multiple Subscription versions.
- The Charge Number field (Zuora__SubscriptionChargeNumber__c) was added to the Subscription Product Charge object as an External ID. If this feature is enabled in your tenant, 360 Sync will upsert a Subscription Product Charge using the Charge Number. Since Charge Number does not change across Subscription Product Charge versions, the Subscription Product Charge records in Salesforce will have the same Salesforce Record ID across multiple Subscription Product Charge versions.
The user who performs 360 Sync must have the field-level Visible access to the above two fields in Salesforce. See Setting Field-Level Security in Salesforce for checking and setting the field-level access for profiles.