Zuora is pre-integrated with the Vantiv Account Updater Service. This is a premium service provided by Vantiv at a cost and Vantiv registered users can use it in Zuora without any additional fees.
In order to use the Vantiv Account Updater, you must both enroll in and use the Vantiv payment processor. Please note that this is different than the Automatic Account Updater service, where Vantiv handles updates without Zuora involvement.
Set Up the Vantiv Account Updater
To set up the Vantiv Account Updater in Zuora:
- Select Settings > Z-Payments Settings > Setup Payment Method Updater.
- Select Vantiv as the Updater Type, then click add payment method updater.
- Select the Updater services,
- Enter your Credentials.
- Name: Create a name for your updater configuration (for example, Vantiv Updater or Vantiv 001234 Updater).
- Merchant ID: This is the merchant ID (provided to you by Vantiv) for your Vantiv payment gateway account. If you have more than one merchant account, please clarify with Vantiv which merchant account to use for the Account Updater services. Zuora recommends configure the updater on one MID only, and the running the all cards against that service. If you configure the updater service for each MID the same card may be updated multiple times, potentially resulting in additional transactions fees.
Specify a value for Start Payment Method Updater service days days prior to the Bill Cycle Day, if required. The default value is set to 10 days prior to the Bill Cycle Day, and the Vantiv Updater service will take about 5 days to process the credit card account information for updates. We recommended testing between 6 and 10 days.
- If you choose the Only update payment methods for customer accounts associated to this gateway/processor, then only the credit cards for customer accounts with Vantiv set as the payment gateway (under Billing and Payment Info) are included in the updates. Disable this field to send all credit card information to Vantiv.
- Click save account information.
When you set up a PMU, Z-Billing will start an automated process that searches for every billing account (on the specified number of days prior to the bill cycle day), and will collect all applicable credit card information and send it to Vantiv for processing. Zuora will also check for updates to the credit card information.