You must have installed the Advanced Payment Manager feature. See Install Zuora Collect features for more information.
The Advanced Payment Manager feature uses OAuth to authenticate to your Zuora tenant.
Ensure that Account.APM is set to True for accounts using Advanced Payment Manager.
To use the retry rules defined in the Configurable Payment Manager feature, you must install and configure the Configurable Payment Retry feature. To avoid conflicts between the out-of-box payment runs in Zuora and the payment runs in Advanced Payment Manager, we recommend that you turn off the account-level auto-pay. This setting ensures that payment runs in the Advanced Payment Manager will be used to activate the retry logic.
You can configure the following settings of the Advanced Payment Manager feature.
- General settings, including the time zone, retry rules, and payment methods.
- Settings that are related to payment rules and document processing
- Settings for callouts that are triggered after payment runs.
After the initial configuration is completed, several custom fields are added to your tenant. See Custom fields of Collect for details.
Configure general settings
In Advanced Payment Manager, navigate to Settings > General.
- Select the default time zone for all payment options in Advanced Payment Manager. We recommend that you select the same time zone as in Zuora to avoid payment errors.
- Configure the payment retry rules.
- If you select Use Configurable Payment Retry, you need to enter the API token of the Configurable Payment Retry feature. To avoid conflicts between the out-of-box payment runs in Zuora and the payment runs in Advanced Payment Manager, we recommend that you turn off the account-level auto-pay. This setting ensures that payment runs in the Advanced Payment Manager will be used.
- To manually configure the retry rules, enter the number of hours between each payment attempt, and the number of payment attempts.
- If you need to use different payment methods for different subscriptions, click Open Wizard and complete the configuration in the wizard.
The wizard shows the payment methods available and the list of subscriptions.
- When you select an account, all active payment methods for the account will be available for selection.
- Changes made in this wizard are applied to your account in Zuora.
- This wizard does not add, delete, or edit payment methods. You need to perform these actions in Zuora.
- If the payment method configured for a subscription in Advanced Payment Manager is deleted later in Zuora, subsequent payment runs will return a payment method error.
- If no payment method is selected, the default payment method for the account will be used.
- If you also use the Payment Method Updater feature, the payment methods that you configure here cannot be updated by the Payment Method Updater feature. In this case, you need to manually check the payment methods that are configured here.
- If you want to use the default payment methods for your subscriptions, do not configure payment methods in this wizard.
- Click Update the save the settings.
Configure payment rules and document processing settings
In Advanced Payment Manager, navigate to Settings > Payment Rules.
Configure credit and unapplied payments rules.
If Invoice Settlement is not enabled on your tenant, select whether to use account credit balance during payment runs.
If Invoice Settlement is enabled on your tenant, select whether to use unapplied credit memos and unapplied payments during payment runs.
If you want multiple invoices to be processed in one payment run, select Process Multiple Documents per Payment, if available in the Document Processing section.
If you want to use a custom payment gateway for a subscription, select Use custom gateway on the subscription.
You also need to enter the payment gateway in the Payment Gateway custom field on the subscription in Zuora. The payment gateway name must match the name shown in the payment gateway list in Zuora. If no value is specified for this field, the default payment gateway for the customer account will be used for the subscription.
Note: If you want to use the default payment methods (account payment methods) for your subscriptions, do not specify values for the payment gateway custom fields.
Click Update to save the settings.
Configure callout settings
If you want Advanced Payment Manager to send a callout after a payment run, you need to configure the callout settings.
- In Advanced Payment Manager, navigate to Settings > Callout.
- Select Send callout after payment run completion, and click Configure Callout to start the callout configuration window. Only basic authentication credentials are supported for the callouts.
- Complete the callout settings.
- Click Save, and then click Update to save the settings.
You can now start using Advanced Payment Manager. For details, see Using the Advanced Payment Manager feature.