The Notes feature adds commenting functionality to the Collections Window and Disputes features of Collect. With this feature, you can add or reply to comments, mention other users or upload files in comments, or export all notes or notes of a particular account or dispute.
See Using the Collections Window Feature and Using the Disputes Feature to learn more about the functionality.
To export notes, go to the Export tab of the Notes landing page and select the source for the export.
- To export notes from Collections Window, you must select either Account or All Accounts as the source. If you select Account, you must enter 2 or more characters to identify the account.
- To export notes from Disputes, you must select either Disputes or All Disputes as the source. If you select Disputes, you must enter the dispute number.
You cannot export notes that are made in the Disputes feature by a specific account. Disputes are based on invoices, not accounts.
Manage user groups
The Groups tab shows the user groups that have been created in your organization.
The user group feature is in the Early Adopter program. We will improve the feature based on feedback from early adopters, and aim to make it generally available soon.
A user group can be created for easier communication within a group of agents. By typing "@" and then the group name, you can mention a group by the group name in a note in Collections Window. After a group is mentioned in a note, all users in the group will receive an email about the message, as well as a notification in Collections Window.
Only admins can modify the name and description of a group, or adjust the members in a group.
Create a user group
- In the Groups tab, click the add icon. The new group window opens.
- Enter a name to identify the group. To make it easier to remember and mention, a short name without spaces is recommended.
- Enter some description of the group.
- Enter agent names or email addresses, one by one, in the text field at the bottom. You can type two letters from the name or email address to trigger the auto-prompt function.
A user can be added to multiple groups.
- Click Create.
After a group is created, you can start mentioning it in notes in Collections Window. You can edit or delete a group.
Edit a group
Only admins of your organization can edit a group.
- In the Groups tab, find the group that you want to edit.
- Click the menu icon to the left of the group, and select Edit.
- On the edit group page, edit the name or description, or adjust members.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Delete a group
Only admins of your organization can delete a group.
- In the Groups tab, find the group that you want to delete.
- Click the menu icon to the left of the group, and select Delete.
A window pops out asking you to confirm the deletion.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
The group is now deleted. The notes in which this group is mentioned will not be deleted.
View members in a group
In the Users tab, click on the Select Group field and select the group that you want to view its members. Members of the selected group will be displayed.