After CPQ X is enabled, you must complete a sequence of configurations.
To take advantage of the latest features, we recommend that you configure and work with CPQ X in Salesforce Lightning Experience. The steps are all documented based on the Salesforce Lightning Experience. However, you can still configure and use CPQ X in Salesforce Classic.
Take the following fundamental steps to configure CPQ X:
- Configure Opportunity, Account, and Quote layouts to enable access to the Quote Studio page.
- Update default settings to facilitate quote configuration.
- Alternative to Step 2, you can programmatically customize default values by implementing Default Values Plugin.
- Configure product filters and quick filters to allow for easier searching for product rate plans.
- Customize field sets for CPQ X to tailor the fields displayed on the Quote Studio page.
- Configure Quote Studio admin settings to customize advanced functionalities of Quote Studio as needed.
In addition to the previous steps, you can also complete the following advanced configuration as needed:
- Combine guided selling with Quote Studio if you want to allow for users to use Quote Studio with guided selling flows of Zuora Quotes.
- Customize Quote Studio sidebar with Extensibility Framework if you want to customize the sidebar on the right with custom Salesforce LWC or Aura components.
- Customize displayed action dates if you want to remove the Service Activation Date and Customer Acceptance Date options when moving action dates.
- Connect multiple Billing entities to one Salesforce org if you have multiple Zuora Billing entities but want to use only one Salesforce organization.
- Configure Quote Studio field editability based on quote type if you want to set read-only fields, or disabled or hide certain fields based on the quote type.
- Enable lookup filters for fields in Quote Studio if you want to configure lookup fields to be displayed based on the filter logic defined in lookup filters.
What to do next
After CPQ X is set up, users can use CPQ X to create a new quote.