This feature is in the Early Adopters phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing as generally available. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support or contact your Account Executive, and provide the ID of the Salesforce org on which you want to enable CPQ X.
In addition to the subscription business model, CPQ X also allows you to launch non-subscription and unified monetization business models, which can be sent to Zuora for future processing. After quote line items are sent to Zuora, they are converted to order line items.
CPQ X provides the following options for you to create quote line items:
- Create quote line items for existing one-time product rate plan charges.
- Create ad hoc quote line items from scratch.
Take the following steps to enable the settings that control the creation of quote line items:
- In your Salesforce org, navigate to Zuora Config > Quote Studio Settings.
- Click Admin Config in the left pane.
- Switch the Enable OLI Creation in Quote Studio toggle to Active. With this setting enabled, a new Non-Subscription Items section is displayed on the Quote Studio page. In this section, you can search and browse existing one-time charges, and create quote line items for these charges.
- If you want to create ad hoc quote line items from scratch, switch the Allow ad hoc OLI creation toggle to Active. With this setting enabled, the New Quote Line Items button is displayed, which allows you to create new quote line items.
- Click Save.