You can create a new subscription quote from an opportunity, an account, or any other page that meets your business requirements. The steps in this article are based on the assumption that quotes are created from the Opportunity Detail or Account Detail page.
Both ramp deals and non-ramp deals are supported.
- Ensure that the opportunity against which you want to create a quote has been associated with an account.
- The New Quote (New) button has been added to the Opportunity Detail or Account Detail page. See Configure Opportunity, Account, and Quote page layouts for more information.
Take the following steps to create a new subscription:
- In your Salesforce org, navigate to the Account Detail page of an account or the Opportunity Detail page of an opportunity.
- Click the New Quote (New) button.
- In the area of Step 1: Select a Billing Account, select a billing account from the table.
- In the area of Step 2: Select a Subscription, click New Subscription on the right. The New Subscription Quote page is displayed.
- Configure quote information and submit the configuration upon completion. See Configure quote information on Quote Studio page for instructions.
After the new subscription quote is submitted, the Quote Details page is displayed. You can view or edit the quote details on this page.
If the Check Out CPQ X button is displayed at the bottom of this page, you can also click this button to edit products using Quote Studio. See Show CPQ X button in Edit Products for more information.
What to do next
Later, you can amend or renew this quote. See Create amendment quotes or renewal quotes for more information.