This article describes the steps to display tax exempt status fields on page layouts in the quoting flow.
The tax exempt status fields are available for the quotes of the New Subscription type on a new billing account. The following tax exempt fields are stored in the Quote (zqu__Quote__c) object.
|Certificate ID||Text (32)||ID of your customer's tax exemption certificate.|
|Certificate Type||Text (32)||Type of the tax exemption certificate that your customer holds.|
|Company Code||Text (50)|| |
Unique code that identifies a company account in Avalara. Use this field to calculate taxes based on origin and sold-to addresses in Avalara.
This feature is in Limited Availability in Zuora. Check if this feature is enabled in your Zuora tenant.
|Description||Text (500)||Description of the tax exemption certificate that your customer holds.|
|Issuing Jurisdiction||Text (32)||Indicates the jurisdiction in which the customer's tax exemption certificate was issued.|
|Tax Exempt||Picklist||Status of the account's tax exemption: Yes, No, Pending Verification|
|VAT ID||Text (25)|| |
EU Value Added Tax ID.
By default, the tax exempt status fields are not displayed in the quoting flow. Add the field set, Tax Exemption Details, to the quoting flow to display the fields. Your users will be able to enter values in those fields while creating a quote. And the values will be sent to Zuora along with the quote and will be used to for the new billing account created in Zuora.
To display the fields and allow users to enter values:
- In the Zuora Config tab, click Layout Configuration Settings.
- In the Object Name field, select Quote.
- In the View Type field, select a type.
- In the Record Type field, select Default. This is the layout used for the New Subscription type quotes.
- In the Available Field Sets list, select zqu__Tax_Exemption: Tax Exemption Details.
- Click Add.
- Repeat the Step 3 - 5 for each View Type you want to add the tax exempt fields to.
- Click Save.