If you already have Zuora 360 installed on your Salesforce org and would like to upgrade to a more recent version, follow the instructions at Upgrading Zuora 360 instead.
Zuora 360 requires the following Salesforce editions with API access enabled:
- Unlimited Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Professional Edition
Zuora 360 is tested and certified with the following browsers:
- Firefox 15 and 16
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 10
Internet Explorer 10 is automatically set to run in Internet Explorer 9 compatible mode.
- Google Chrome (latest major version)
For information on the browsers supported by Salesforce, refer to the Salesforce documentation, Supported Browsers.
Before installing Zuora 360, you need the location of the current installation package.
Submit a request at Zuora Global Support for the installation package link.
To install Zuora 360 you must have a Salesforce.com account, and the account must be the System Administrator for your organization.
If you require access to a version of Zuora 360 prior to version 1.2, contact Zuora Global Support.
Install Zuora 360
To install Zuora 360:
- Navigate to the URL provided by Zuora and log in to Salesforce.com.
- On the Package Installation Details page, review the information and click Continue.
- When prompted to approve third-party access, select Yes to grant access and click Continue.
- On the Approve Package API Access page, click Next.
- On the Choose Security Level page, select Select Security Settings to set the level of access that you want to provide for user groups. If you select Grant access to admins only, you must update your security settings in Salesforce to grant permissions to other users to be able to access Zuora 360.
- Set access level for each user profile.
- Click Next.
- On the Install Package page, click Install. The installation process starts, and you will receive an automated email when the process completes.
- Select Zuora 360 Sync from the menu at the top right-hand corner to change to the Zuora 360 view. Now you are ready to to configure the package.
Deploy Zuora 360 Manually
If you receive an email notifying you of a successful installation, but the installation process for the package continues to show the "Processing" status, you can deploy the Zuora 360 package manually. See Troubleshooting Zuora CPQ for additional troubleshooting information.
- Navigate to user name > Setup > Installed Packages.
- Verify that the Installed Packages list includes the correct version of the Zuora 360.
- Click the Zuora CPQ 360 package.
- On the Package Details page, click Deploy.