This article presents the instruction to upgrade Zuora 360 Q1 2016 Release (Version 3.44) to the Q4 2016 Release (Version 4.2).
There is no upgrade step required to upgrade Zuora 360 Q1 2016 Release to Version 4.0.
If Zuora 360 has never been installed in your Salesforce org, perform the standard installation instruction as described in Install the Zuora 360 Package.
If you have made any customizations to the out-of-the-box Zuora 360, you may run into issues upon upgrade. In some cases, code changes may be required upon upgrade across versions. Refer to the release notes to see if your custom functionality may be affected.
You are not required to uninstall your current version before installing this version.
Follow the below steps to upgrade Zuora 360 to the current version:
Enable History Tracking
Before upgrading Zuora 360, enable History Tracking for the Account field of the Billing Account object. This setting supports the ability to change CRM Account IDs in bulk.
- Navigate to Setup > Create > Objects.
- Alternatively, in your Salesforce org, you may need to navigate to Setup > Build > Create > Objects.
- Click Billing Account.
- In the Custom Object Definition Detail section, click Edit.
- On the Edit Custom Object Definition page, in the Optional Features section, select Track Field History.
- Click Save.
- In the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click Set History Tracking.
- On the Billing Account Field History page, select Account and click Save.
Migrate New Fields
New fields were added in this release to the Zuora CPQ objects, but, by default, the new fields are not migrated after Zuora 360 is upgraded. Use the Migration Custom Setting to control the sync of the updated objects.
If you have a big volume of data, syncing all the data for updated objects can potentially take a long time after a package upgrade. Depending on the number of records you have in your Salesforce org, you should allow approximately 30 minutes to migrate every 1 million records.
After Zuora 360 is upgraded to 4.2, follow the steps below to trigger the data migration of the new fields in the next Zuora 360 sync session:
- In your Salesforce org, navigate to Setup > App Setup > Develop > Custom Settings and click Manage next to Migration Settings.
- Click the following Migration Keys to turn off the migration.
- Click Edit.
- Clear Migrated.
- Click Save.
See Migration Settings for Zuora 360 for the migration keys added in this and earlier releases.
Update the Invoice Page Layout
A new menu item was added in this release to allow inline viewing of the invoice PDF. The option is available as a button or a custom link.
To edit the Invoice page layout to add the button or the custom link for Invoice PDF:
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects.
- Click Invoice.
- In the Page Layouts section, click the Edit link next to ZInvoice Layout.
- Click Buttons to add the buttons.
- Alternatively, click Custom Links to add the links to view or download invoice PDFs.
- Drag Invoice PDF and View Invoice PDF down to the bottom of the page and drop it into position.
- Click Save.
Upgrade to Version 4.8
Display Subscription Rate Plan Charge Name in Quoting Flow
The Subscription Rate Plan Charge Name ( Zuora__SubscriptionRatePlanChargeName__c) was added to the Subscription Product & Charge object. Add the new field to the SubscriptionCharges field set to display the new field in the Select Billing Account table in the quoting flow.