This article describes how to upgrade to Zuora 360 (Q4 2013 Titanium release), version 2.70 version.
Time Required for the Zuora 360 Upgrade
The time required to upgrade Zuora 360 will depend on your upgrade path.
For example, between versions 2.1 and 2.4 we added fields to the Customer Account, Subscription, and Subscription Charge objects. In the first sync after upgrading, the sync session will migrate the data of all existing records in the Salesforce.com org to populate the new fields. Although this is an incremental sync, the amount of information to be processed will require a longer than normal sync time.
As a ballpark estimate, to go from 2.1 to 2.4 and migrate 75,000 billing accounts, 75,000 subscriptions, 150,000 subscription charges, and 75,000 invoices, the upgrade sync process would take approximately 100 minutes to complete. This is for a default installation of Zuora 360, version 2.4, without custom configurations.
The following types of Salesforce.com configurations can affect upgrade performance:
- Object triggers implemented on the most-used objects (Billing Account, Subscription, Subscription Charges, Invoices), especially if the triggers are using complex security sharing logic.
- Cascade delete of children objects, if you have defined master/detail relationship between these objects and other custom objects.
If you or one of your users has the Payment Sync permission and you have upgraded to the Zuora 360 package to version 2.4, the first regular sync will start a full sync of payments after the sync of billing accounts, subscriptions, subscription product charges, and invoices. Zuora recommends that you schedule the first full sync of payments to a time that will not affect your business processes.
Determine the Installed Version of Zuora 360
To upgrade Zuora 360, determine the version of Zuora 360 that you have installed, then perform the upgrade process (if necessary).
- In Salesforce, click user name > Setup.
- In the left navigation bar, click Installed Packages.
- Verify the version number for Zuora 360 Managed.
The current version is 2.70. If you have an older version and wish to upgrade, contact Zuora Global Support to request an installation link, then follow the instructions below.
Enable History Tracking
- Navigate to user name > Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects.
- Click Billing Account. This brings up a page for the Billing Account custom object.
- In the Custom Object Definition Detail section, click the Edit button. This takes you to a Custom Object Definition Edit page.
- In the Optional Features section, enable the Track Field History option. Hit Save to save your change and return to the Billing Account page.
- In the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click the Set History Tracking button. Check the checkbox for the Account field. Click Save.
Upgrade Zuora 360
To upgrade Zuora 360, perform the following steps:
- Install 2.40 version of the managed package in Salesforce.
- Add new tabs for Zuora 360 to your Salesforce org.
- Update the Billing Account object and the Subscription object.
- Assign permissions for objects to the Salesforce user that performs the sync process and to any users that will have read-only permissions.
- Configure and assign page layouts.
The following sections describe these steps in detail.
Add New Zuora 360 Tabs
- After completing the installation process, select Z-Billing or Zuora 360 in the application list, located in the upper-right corner.
Note: The name of the menu item will be either Z-Billing or Zuora 360, depending on the version of Zuora 360 that you are upgrading from.
- Click Add tab (+).
- Click Customize My Tabs.
- In the Customize My Tabs dialog, add the the following tabs to the Z-Billing application:
- Schema Setup
- Connection Setup
- Click Save.
Assign Object Permissions to the Salesforce Sync Users
You must assign object permissions for the Payment and Invoice Payment objects to user profiles that you will use for the Z-Force sync.
- To assign object permissions in Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
- Select a user profile and click Edit.
- In the Custom Object Permissions section, assign the
Deletepermissions to the Refund and Refund Invoice Payment objects.
Select only the
Read permission for users who should only be able to view the objects synced from Zuora.
Update the Billing Account Object
- Next, add the Default Payment Method field to the Billing Account object. Click user name > Setup.
- Under App Setup in the left navigation pane, select Create > Objects.
- Select Billing Account from the list.
- In the Billing Account detail screen, click Page Layouts to go to the Page Layouts section.
- Click the Edit link associated with Customer Account Layout.
- In the Customer Account Layout area, select and drag Default Payment Method to the location where you want it to appear.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Upgrade the Subscription Object
In Zuora 360 version 2.4, we added the following fields to Subscription object:
- Contract Effective Date
- Service Activation Date
- Contract Acceptance Date
- Subscription Start Date
- Subscription End Date
- Term Setting Type
To use these fields in your sync processes:
- Navigate to user name > Setup.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, navigate to App Setup > Create > Objects. Click the Subscription object in the
- In the Subscription detail page, navigate to the Page Layouts section.
- Click the Edit link for the page layout that you want to edit. For example,
- In the user interface palette on the upper portion of the screen, click Fields to display the list of available buttons.
- Click and drag the fields that you want to include onto the layout.
- Click Save to save your changes to the page layout.
- Repeat those steps to add fields onto the other subscription layouts, including
Subscription Product & Chargeand
Related Listlayouts for Billing Account.
- After configuring the layouts, run a sync to populate the values of these fields for existing Subscription records.
Assign Object Permissions for the Payment Sync Process
Next, you must assign object permissions for the for Payment and Invoice Payment objects to the Salesforce.com user used for the sync process. You can also assign read-only object permissions to the user profiles that need to view the objects that are synced from Zuora.
This is a controlled release feature. Contact Zuora Global Support to learn more about enabling this feature.
To assign object permissions:
- Navigate to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
- Select the user profile that you want to use to manage the sync process, then click Edit.
- In the Custom Object Permissions section, assign the
Deletepermissions to the Payment and Invoice Payment objects.
- Next, select the users that you want to have read-only permissions on the synced objects. Assign those users the
Readpermission to the Payment and Invoice Payment objects.
Note that when you upgrade to Zuora 360 version 2.4 and assign the Payment Sync permission to a user, the first regular sync will start a full sync of payments after syncing the billing accounts, subscriptions, subscription product charges, and invoices. Because this process can take a significant amount of time, Zuora recommends that you schedule the first full sync of payments to a time that will not affect your business processes. See Time required for the Zuora 360 upgrade, above, for more information.
Configure and Assign Payment Page Layouts for Release 2.4
In Zuora 360 release 2.4, we added multiple new page layouts. If you are upgrading from version 2.4 or higher, you can skip this step. Otherwise, to use these layouts you must configure and assign them to user profiles.
The new page layouts are used by the payment and invoice payment sync process. This sync process is a controlled release feature. Contact Zuora Global Support to learn more about enabling this feature.
Configure and Assign Page Layouts for Release 2.60
- Billing Account: Billing Account Zuora for Salesforce Layout v.2.6
- Subscription: Subscription Zuora for Salesforce Layout v2.6
- Subscription Product Charge: Subscription Product Charge Zuora for Salesforce Layout 2.6
- Navigate to Setup --> App Setup --> Create --> Objects.
- Select the object where you want to assign the page layouts (Billing account, Subscription, or Subscription Product Charge).
- In the Page Layout section, click "Page Layout Assignment" button.
- Select or multi-select the user profiles and click "Edit Assignments".
- Select the choosing page layout in the "Page Layout to Use" dropdown and click "Save".
- Repeat these steps for each object where you want to assign the page layouts.
Rename the Zuora 360 Application Label
In the Q4 '13 release, we rebranded the product as Zuora 360.
To update the application labels:
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup > Create > Apps.
- Click Edit next to the Zuora 360 app.
- In App Label, enter Zuora 360.
Using the New Classes with Existing Classes
Zuora Order Builder added these new classes in Zuora 360 version 2.4.
To use the new global Apex APIs in existing classes, you must change the version number of Zuora 360 to 2.4 or higher for this Apex class. This requirement is part of a feature of Salesforce.com that ensures backward compatibility of package releases. See the Salesforce.com documentation Managing Version Settings for Apex if you would like more information on this.
To change the package version number:
- In Salesforce.com, Salesforce.com, click user name > Setup.
- In the left navigation bar, select App Setup > Develop > Apex Classes.
- Click Edit for the class that you want to use with the new feature.
- Select the Version Settings tab and change the Version of the Zuora 360 Managed package to
- Click Save.