Built using Salesforce SOAP API, On-demand Sync lets you trigger a data synchronization in Salesforce, from the Account Detail page UI or programmatically through an Apex global method.
On-demand Sync synchronizes specified billing accounts or products.
In each On-demand Sync session:
- Up to 10 accounts and their related objects can be synced programmatically through an Apex method.
- Up to eight accounts and their related objects can be synced from the Account Detail page UI.
On-demand Sync is available for Zuora 360 package version 2.2 and above. The following configurations are required before invoking the On-demand Sync feature.
Zuora 360 Connection Settings
You must configure the endpoint, username, and password on the Connection Setup tab. The endpoint and user credentials will be used to access Zuora application. See Configure Your Connection Settings for setting up the Zuora 360 connection.
Zuora Quotes Connection Settings
The Salesforce org connection must be configured properly. The Salesforce org should be where the on-demand sync request will be initiated and should match the Salesforce org with the Zuora 360 connection setup. See Zuora Connection Settings for setting up the Zuora Quotes connection.
On-Demand Sync in Multi-entity Environment
To perform on-demand syncs from multiple entities, the Billing Entity (zqu__BillingEntity__c) records need to exist in your Salesforce org. Synchronize Accounts and Products from each Zuora entity tenant to create the Billing Entity records before you perform on-demand syncs.
Zuora does not limit the number of syncs that you can perform. However, you might encounter Salesforce governor limits. See Zuora 360 Syncs and Salesforce Limits for Salesforce governor limits in regards to On-demand Sync.
Migrate for On-Demand Sync
If you are upgrading from a version of Zuora 360 earlier than 2.2, follow these steps to migrate the data required for on-demand sync to execute:
- Log on to Salesforce as an admin user, and verify that the Salesforce user used for Zuora CPQ sync has the Customize Application user permission. If the user does not have the permission, you must grant the permission to the user.
This user permission is necessary only for the package data migration. After the migration is completed, you can revoke this permission from the user.
- Log in to Zuora and start an Account & Related Object sync.
- Once the sync session is completed (with either a success or failure result), the package data migration is complete. You can now use the On-demand Sync feature.
See the following topics for more information about configuring and using On-demand Sync: