In order to create a quote, you must have the required Zuora and Microsoft Dynamics permissions.
You can create a new subscription quote from an Account layout, Quote view layout, and Opportunity layout page.
The flow of quote creation can differ depending on the subscription type you are creating.
Once the quote has been created, you can modify it, delete it, or send it to Zuora to create a subscription.
Create a New Subscription Quote
- Ensure the account details for which you want to create a quote are already created.
- When creating a new subscription quote from an opportunity, ensure that the opportunity is associated with an account.
Take the following steps to create a new subscription:
- In your Microsoft Dynamics 365 sales hub, navigate to the Account layout page under the Customers section or Opportunities layout page under the Sales section.
- Click the New Zuora Quote button.
- Configure quote information and submit the configuration upon completion. The following fields are auto-populated by default:
|Potential customer||When Potential customer is selected, Bill To Contact and Sold To Contact associated with this account are auto-populated.|
|Bill To Contact|
|Sold To Contact|
|Price List||Zuora pricing|
|Quote Type||New Quote|
|Contract Effective Date||Current date|
|Service Activation Date||Current date|
|Initial Term Period Type||Month|
|Renewal Setting||Renew with term|
|Renewal Term Periodtype||Month|
- Click Save to save your updates. The status of the New Quote will be changed to Saved.
- Click Activate Quote to activate the quote that you created. Once the quote is activated, you can’t edit the quote.
- Click Send to Zuora.
After the new subscription quote is submitted, the Quote Details page is displayed. This page does not allow you to edit quote details unless you choose to Revise option.
What to do next
Later, you can amend or renew this quote. See Create amendment quotes or renewal quotes for more information.