This task exports data from your Zuora data source as the result of executing AQuA queries and based on the conditions you define. The exported data is saved in a CSV file and available for use by subsequent tasks. This task does not work with the iterate task.
To create an AQuA query task, select the data object and fields to retrieve and add the fields to the aggregation list. You can reorder the fields in the list and assign the aggregation function.
If Invoice Settlement is enabled, the following objects are not available:
Difference between Export and Query
Both the export and query tasks can be used for data retrieval.
The export task, such as this Retrieve: AQuA Query task, retrieves data asynchronously. It initiates the request and checks the status of the data retrieval process later. When the status indicates that all data is retrieved, it exports the data in a CSV file. The export task does not have a limit on the amount of data entries in the result. You can select multiple data objects to export data from.
The query task retrieves data synchronously. It initiates the request and waits for the data to be returned. The maximum amount of data entries in a query task is 2000. You can only select one data object to query data from.
If your workflow requires synchronous data retrieval or runs multiple times per minute, consider using the object query task. Frequent export requests may degrade the performance significantly.
- Object: Select the data object to export data from. Once the object is selected, the field dropdown list is shown.
- Select the data field to return results for and click Add. Repeat to add all the fields you need.
- Reorder the list by dragging and dropping the field. The fields will be exported to the output file in the order of top to bottom and left to right.
- Click the Aggregation button to change the aggregation function to be used. The available functions include Min, Max, Count, Average, and Sum, which vary for different types of fields.
- Min: Return the minimum value in the set of results for a data field.
- Max: Return the minimum value in the set of results for a data field.
- Count: Return the number of results (entries) for a data field.
- Average: Return the average of all values in the set of results for a data field.
- Sum: Return the sum of all values in the set of results for a data field.
Enter a query in the query text field. The two dropdown lists are intended to help you enter object fields and workflow data fields in your query. To learn more about AQuA API, click the links to the Zuora AQuA API Guide and Zuora Export Dates/Times Guide.
- Convert to currencies: Optional. Specify the currency that you want to convert transaction amounts into by using the ISO currency codes.
- Project: The unique ID of a data integration project for a particular partner. This field must be used together with the Partner field to uniquely identify a data integration target. This field is required only if you are using AQuA in stateful mode.
- Partner: The unique ID of a data integration partner. It must be used together with the Project field to uniquely identify a data integration target. This field is required only if you are using AQuA in stateful mode. Submit a request at Zuora Global Support to obtain a partner ID.
- Stop when no result returned: If a query returns no results, the subsequent tasks in the workflow will have no data to process. If you want the workflow to stop in this case, enable this option.
- Use query labels: When this option is enabled, the object and field API names are used for the CSV header output instead of the field labels.
- Standardize datetime to UTC: When this option is enabled, the exported records are rendered according to ISO-8601 generic UTC form when using WSDL 69 and later.