The CSVTranslator task processes a CSV file according to the specified operation:
- Filter a CSV file
- Convert a CSV file to an XML file
- Convert a CSV file to a JSON file
- Merge CSV files
When creating a CSVTranslator task, select an operation and configure it accordingly.
- Filter: Filter an input CSV file and output a new CSV file containing filtered records.
- In the File field, select a CSV file to filter.
- In the Column or CSV Column Number field, select either a column or a column number that is used for filtering against.
- In the Filter Value field, specify a value. This value will be compared with the values in the selected column. Only rows with the matched value will be added to the output file.
- Select the output file format. The output file will contain the filtered records.
- Convert to XML: Generate an XML file with the <records> node for the selected CSV file. Each row in the CSV file will be converted to an element in the XML file and the headers are used as attribute names.
- Convert to JSON: Parse the CSV file and add all rows under a key. Use the Payload Placement field to specify the location where the data generated from this task will be stored. If you want the data from a downstream task to replace the data from an upstream task, select the Replace Payload option.
- Merge: Merge CSV files with the same headers. You can arrange the order of the merged content by reordering the files in the list.