Take the following steps to configure a Commerce Catalog instance:
- In your Zuora tenant, navigate to Marketplace > Customer Catalog and click the icon of the Catalog instance you created.
- (Optional) Enter a custom field in the Custom Name and its value in the Value field to filter the products that are synchronized into the Catalog. If not specified, all products are synchronized into the Catalog.
- Click Load Catalog Items. The configured products in your Zuora tenant are then populated in the Commerce Catalog table. This process may take a few minutes.
- After all products are fully loaded into Commerce Catalog, find the product and rate plan pair you want to update.
- If you want to modify the effective period of the product rate plan, click to update the start date and end date for the product rate plan.
- If you want to update the default product rate plan information, click Show Descriptions. The Showing Catalog Descriptions dialog is displayed.
- Click to edit the default information for a product. Alternatively, you can bulk update product descriptions.
- Complete the information in the Update Catalog Description dialog:
- Supported Language: Select supported language for products.
- Name: Enter the name of the offered product.
- Description: Enter a description of the product.
- Features: Enter the features of the identified product
- Thumbnail: Enter the URL of the thumbnail image. The full image is not used and the thumbnail image is scaled for each screen in which it is displayed. The value must contain a full URL to an image, for example, https://www.zuora.com/wp-content/themes/zuora/img/zuora-logo.svg.
- Click Update. The information is then updated.
Bulk update products
After synchronizing Commerce Catalog with the Product Catalog, you can use the Bulk Update feature to quickly create or update the descriptions of rate plans configured in Commerce Catalog.
- Click Bulk Update Descriptions in the Commerce Catalog home page.
- Select the operation you intend to perform from the Select Operation dropdown list.
- Update the CSV file locally based on your business needs.
- Upload the file.