This integration syncs NetSuite Sales Orders and automates the creation of Zuora Subscriptions. Only sales orders generated with Zuora Product Rate Plan Items will be synced. See "Using a Sales Order to Create a New Subscription," below, for instructions.
Using a Sales Order to Create a New Subscription
You can enable the subscription sync in the NetSuite Connector Sync Preferences. It is disabled by default. Enabling the subscription sync will also enable the Product and Product Rate Plan syncs.
To create a sales order that will create a new subscription, do the following.
- Create a new sales order in NetSuite.
- Reference the customer and enter the other transaction-level information, as required.
- For the items, select at least one item that corresponds to a Zuora product rate plan. These will appear in the Item list with any other items, including Zuora charges.
- The quantity does not have any impact (a quantity of 1 is assumed). If you want to include more than one of the same rate plan, add the same item multiple times.
- On the Zuora Subscription tab, enter the subscription-specific details such as Auto Renewal and the subscription dates.
- The subscription date fields are optional, and the sales order will be synced without them. You can provide the dates directly within Zuora.
- To send the sales order to Zuora, go to the Zuora Subscription tab and set the Send to Zuora flag to
- The next time NetSuite Connector runs it will sync the new sales order to Zuora.
Why Isn't the Sales Order Integration Real Time?
Why isn’t the sales order integration real time?
- Typically, sales orders are integrated with other parts of NetSuite functionality (shipping/fulfillment) and external provisioning systems.
- When a sales order is ready to be sent, it is a best practice for these processes to set the Send to Zuora flag automatically instead of requiring manual interaction to log in and click a button to sync the record.
- A common customer profile is a high volume, high complexity subscription business. It is not practical to manually enter all sales orders with high-volume businesses.
Sales Order Transaction Sync Rules
This process syncs NetSuite Sales Orders to Zuora Subscriptions. The integration syncs records according to the following rules:
- NetSuite sales order records are synced if they meet the following criteria:
- The related customer account must be synced (the Zuora Customer ID is not empty).
- The sales order’s Integration Status is not
- The sales order references at least one Zuora item that represents a Zuora product rate plan (the Zuora Item ID is not empty) .
- The credit memo’s Send To Zuora option is enabled (checked).
- The following validations are performed during the sync to ensure data integrity:
- The Zuora Auto Renewal field must be populated.
- The Zuora Initial Term field must be populated.
- The Zuora Renewal Term field must be populated.
- If the Use Multiple Currencies or Use Advanced Pricing options are enabled in the NetSuite Connector Sync Preferences, the Sales Order Currency Code must match a valid Zuora currency code.
- The NetSuite sales order’s Integration Status is updated to
Creating Subscription to indicate that the record is currently being synced and to assist with error recovery.
- A single Zuora subscription is created with all product rate plans specified on the sales order. Any other Items included on the sales order will be ignored.
- Upon successful creation of the Zuora subscription, the new Zuora ID is written back to the NetSuite sales order and the Integration Status is set to
Transaction Sync Notes
Once synced successfully, changes to the NetSuite sales order will not be synced, including cancelations and deletions. If you need to resync a sales order, cancel the Zuora subscription manually and clear the Integration Status and Zuora ID fields on the NetSuite sales order.