To synchronize Account fields, either attributes or metrics, to custom fields in Salesforce:
- Ensure you have completed prerequisites:
Create a Salesforce Custom Field to store an Insights Account attribute or metric.
- Log into Salesforce and navigate to Setup > Build > Customize > Accounts > Fields.
- At the bottom of the Account Fields page in the Account Custom Fields & Relationships section click New.
- Select a Data Type based on the type of field you are synchronizing from Insights. Use the table below for guidance and click Next.
|Insights Field Type ||Salesforce Data Type |
|True or False ||Checkbox |
|Picklist ||Text |
|Text ||Text |
|Calendar Date ||Date |
|Timestamp ||Date/Time |
|Number: Integer ||Number |
|Number: Percent ||Percent |
|Number: Currency ||Currency |
|Number: Decimal ||Number (match the same number of decimals configured in Insights) |
|Number: Fixed ||Number |
- Enter the details:
- Field Label: the display label, you can enter whatever you want to appear as the account page label. It is recommended you use the same label as in Insights.
- Length: the number of characters your field will accept. Set a value that ideally will not truncate your data in Insights.
- Field Name: Set the field name. It is recommended you use the same field name as in Insights prefixed with "Insights_".
- Description: Optionally enter anything you like here.
- Help Text: Optionally enter anything you like here.
- Default Value: Leave blank.
- Establish field-level security according to your organization's requirements and then click Next.
Note: Whichever profile is being used for the Insights/Salesforce integration should have Edit (Visible) permissions, and all other can have Read-Only access according to your design.
- Add to page layouts. Choose the page layouts where you want your Insights field to show and click Save.
Configure your Insights field to synchronize to Salesforce.
- Open the Profile and Settings menu in the upper right corner of the page.
- Navigate to Settings.
The Settings page opens and displays each administrative setting on the page.
- Click on Manage Salesforce Integration.
A listing of Salesforce configuration options will be presented.
- Click Account Field Sync.
You are presented with a page that lets you configure which fields to synchronize to Salesforce.
- Click + Add Field.
- Choose the field from Insights that you want to synchronize to Salesforce by first selecting the field type (Attribute or Metric) and then the name of the field in the Insights field dropdown menu. In the Salesforce Field dropdown, choose the field you created in Step 2.
- Click Add. The value in Insights will now be synchronized to Salesforce every two hours.