The forms are used on your site as follows:
- The login form contains fields that allow the end user to login to your site
- The registration form contains fields that allow the end user to register on your site
- The forgot password form contains fields that allow the end user to reset their password
Note: These forms are defined as a Registration type multi-step form in the Admin Console.
You create login, registration and forgot password forms as components when defining an outcome for a feature. You can create these forms quickly using the following:
- Fields from your User Schema
- Pre-created email address field
- Pre-created password field
- If relevant, social sign in field
The forms display in-line on your site. You can configure the following:
- The steps in the form
- The name of the fields in each step
- The order of the fields in each step
Each step, except the last, contains a Continue button. The last stop contains a Submit button. The buttons are automatically included on your steps as you build the form.
Note: If you have the company account redirect feature enabled for your site, and an end user completes a login or registration form, Zephr checks the membership options for your company accounts. The company account redirect feature then does the following:
- If the email domain matches one defined in the membership options, and there is a login and/or registration page associated with the account, the end user is redirected to that page
- If the email domain matches more than one company account, the user is not redirected
- If you have defined multiple login and/or registration pages for the account, the end user is redirected to one of these pages at random. This is only applicable if you have defined multiple pages outside the Admin Console, as you cannot define multiple login or registration pages in Zephr
- If you edit an existing feature when the company account redirect feature is enabled, ensure that you update and save any related rules and multi-step or frictionless checkout forms included in the rule. If this is not done, no changes are made in the UI and your end users will not be redirected. For further information on editing an existing product, see the Edit a Product topic
When the end user completes the login or registration on the page, they are returned to the article they were reading before completing the login or registration form.
For further information on company accounts, see the Companies & Accounts topic. If the company account redirect feature is not enabled on your site, but you would like to use it, contact support.
In general, you can edit the fields for each step in your form as follows:
- To edit any field, select the three dots at the end of the row for the field and select Edit
- To move a field up or down the list, drag the field to the position at which you want it to display
- If the Add Custom Text button is available, select it to add a custom field to your form. If this button is not available, you cannot add a custom field to this step in your form
- If the Add a Section button is available, select it to add a section in your form. If this button is not available, you cannot add a section to this step in your form
- If a section can be removed from your form, select the delete icon () from the top right of the box. If this icon is not available, you cannot remove sections from this step in your form
For further information on building your form, see the Create a Login, Registration or Forgot Password Form topic.