Subscription Plan Options
The Subscription Plan Options setting allows you to select whether or not your end users can change their plans from the Preference Centre page. You can define multiple subscription plan groups to enable the end users to update more than one subscription in one go.
For further information on creating preference centre pages, and examples of the pages seen by your end users, see the Pages section.
Note: If an end user is currently on a scheduled payment plan, they cannot change their subscription plan.
If you don’t want the end users to change subscription plans, you can just turn off the Allow Change Subscription Plan toggle.
To enable change of subscription plans and define the subscription plan groups, take the following steps:
- Turn on Allow Change Subscription Plan.
- Click + Add A Subscription Options Group to add a group. A Subscription Plan Options box displays.
- Enter a title for the group. The value will be displayed as the title of the group when end users manage their subscriptions in the Preference Centre.
- Select Type of plan selection. Single indicates end users can select only one plan for this group. Multiple indicates end customers can select multiple plans within the group. Select Multiple if you want to add one-off products to the group, such as one-off add-on purchases.
- Select the Add A Payment Option button. The Add a Payment Option dialogue box displays.
- Select the subscription plan you want to offer from the Select a plan drop-down menu. Note: You must have defined payment plans. For further information on defining payment plans, see the Payments topic.If you have several products set up, you can select plans for each product. The available plans are listed under each product. Note: If you have defined scheduled payment plans, these are not available for selection in the Select a plan drop-down menu.
- Enter the description of the plan as you want it to appear on your site in the Description text box. Note: If you want to format the text, for example to include a heading or a list, use the formatting bar at the top of the text box.
- Click Add to add the payment option to the group. Repeat steps 5 to 8 to add further payment options to the group.
- Optionally, set a payment option as recommended by turning on the Recommended toggle. When end users change their subscription plans for this group, the recommended option will be labeled as Best Value.
- Repeat the above steps to add more subscription options groups.
- Click Done to save your updates and return to the Add a Site page.
- If you subsequently change your payment provider, the associated payment options are disabled. You must create new payment options for your new payment provider.
- If you use Stripe as the payment provider, you can create a subscription option group that contains payment plans of different billing frequencies; If you use Braintree as the payment provider, each subscription option group can only contain payment plans of the same billing frequency.
- Make sure that the subscription option groups are set up correctly. Otherwise, the end users would not be able to change their plans on the Preference Centre page successfully.
- If your end user is subscribed to a phased plan, they cannot change their subscription.