In this example, we create a feature for the page that the invitee is taken to when they follow the link in the invitation. We are also going to display a summary of the invitation in a banner, using a custom component and add a form that allows the invitee to login or register before continuing.
To create the invitation landing page feature, complete the following steps:
- Create an Article feature, as described in the Build Your Feature topic from the End-to-end example
- In the rules builder, select the Outcomes segment title
- Select Add Outcome
The Add an Outcome screen displays.
- Add a custom component to display a welcome banner with a summary of the invitation, as described in the Create a Custom Component Block topic. Example components are provided in the Example Components topic
- If you have developer support, you could use a hosted UI component that they have created and added to the Component Library. For further information on using a hosted UI component, see the Add an Outcome topic
- The API provides a
GEToperation that allows you to retrieve data about a product sharing invitation by ID, which is passed to the invitation landing page as a query param using the
sharing_idpath parameter. For further information on the
sharing_idpath parameter, see the Create a Custom Email Template topic
- The API also provides a
PUToperation that allows the invitee to accept the invitation. This is only relevant when the invitee is already registered. For further information on using the API to create shareable links in your component, refer to the API documentation
- Add a registration form to display the registration form, with a link to login if the end user is already registered, as described in the Create a Login, Registration or Forgot Password Form topic
Note: If using the out-of-the-box Zephr registration form, an invitation is automatically accepted when the invitee registers while on the invitation landing page. This applies only if a query param
sharing_idpath parameter is present.
- Drag your new components above the Article Content in the Components section of the Add an Outcome screen with the custom component at the top
This ensures that the banner appears at the top of the content with the registration form below.
- Select the Hide All Content button from the options beside the Article Content component
This means that the invitee cannot read the content before they have either logged in or registered. For further information on showing and hiding content, see the Show or Hide Content topic.
- Select the Save button to save the outcome and return to the rules builder
Your component outcome is added under the Outcomes segment title.
- Drag the outcome to the rules canvas and connect it to the rule
Before publishing this feature, you can customise the Shared Product Invite email template used for the invitation. If you do not customise the email template, the default version is used. For further information on customising the email template, see the Create a Custom Email Template topic.
If you are using the default invitation email template, you can publish your feature, as described in the Publish a Version topic.