Attachments on Invoice
Use attachments in Zuora to upload documents of various formats to associate additional information with accounts, subscriptions, invoices, credit memos, or debit memos. Example attachments could be purchase orders (PO's), tax exemption document, or ownership transfer forms. Credit memos or debit memos are available if you have the Invoice Settlement feature enabled.
You can upload any number of attachments for each supported Zuora record, up to the value set in the Maximum number of attachments per record field in tenant profile.
An attachment can belong to only one Zuora record, such as a specific invoice, a credit memo, a debit memo, a subscription, or a customer account.
For subscriptions, an attachment is tied to all versions of the subscription via the Subscription Number.
See Attachments for managing attachments through Zuora REST API.
To view attachments on an account, subscription, invoice, credit memo, or debit memo, you must have the permission to view the specific account, subscription, or invoice. You must also have a Billing role that includes the Manage Attachments permission.
To add or edit attachments on an account, subscription, invoice, credit memo, or debit memo, you must have:
- The permission to update (create or manage) the specific account, subscription, or invoice
- The API Write Access platform permission
- A Billing role that includes the Manage Attachments permission
To delete attachments, you must have a Billing role that includes the Manage Attachments permission and the Delete Attachments permission.
To change your Billing role, contact your Zuora platform administrator. For information about assigning Billing roles to users, see Billing roles.
The following limits apply to attachments.
|Maximum size of one attachment file||4MB|
|Total maximum size of all attachment files in one tenant||8GB|
|Maximum number of attachments on one record||200|
|Executable files as attachments||Not supported|
Supported file types
Files with the following extensions can be used as attachments in Zuora.
Manage attachments in UI
Follow the steps in this section to add, view, edit, or delete an attachment on a Customer Account, Subscription, Invoice, Credit Memo, or Debit Memo detail page.
Complete the following steps to add an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click + new attachment.
- Click choose file and select the file you want to attach.
- In the Description field, give a description of the attachment.
- Click save.
Note that if you are uploading attachments with malicious contents, an error message window opens, saying "The uploaded file is unsafe, please choose another file!"
Complete the following steps to delete an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click the title of the attachment you want to delete.
- Click the action menu bar and select Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.
Complete the following steps to edit an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click the title of the attachment you want to edit.
- You can edit the file name and the description of the attachment.
- You cannot edit the content in the attachment file. To edit the file content, delete the attachment and add another updated attachment.
- Click save.
Complete the following steps to download an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click the title of the attachment you want to download.