Management of Unapplied Payments
The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memos, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information. After Invoice Settlement is enabled, the Invoice Item Adjustment feature will be deprecated for your tenant.
The Unapplied Payments feature gives you more flexibility and traceability of payment applications. You can manage payments with the following operations from the Zuora UI and REST API:
- Create a payment on invoices and debit memos
- Create an unapplied payment
- Create a payment without specifying the customer account
- Edit Payments
- Apply a payment to invoices and debit memos
- Unapply a payment from invoices and debit memos
- Transfer a payment between customer accounts
- Refund an unapplied payment
- Cancel a payment
- Delete a payment
- Retrieve payment information from REST API:
Also, you can manage payment and refund custom fields from the Zuora UI and REST API.