|Prepaid Balance||Total prepaid units available during a subscription. It is an aggregate of all funds under a subscription.|
|Prepaid Balance Fund||Prepaid units available for use during a validity period. Each validity period has a corresponding fund.|
|Prepaid Balance Transaction||An action that increases or decreases its associated Prepaid Balance. There are 7 types of transactions:
|Prepayment||An action that creates a Prepaid Balance Fund, thus increasing the associated Prepaid Balance. The following actions trigger Prepayment transaction type:|
|Prepayment Adjustment||An action that updates a Prepaid Balance Fund, thus updating or decreasing the associated Prepaid Balance. Update the quantity of prepayment product in a subscription triggers Prepayment Adjustment transaction type.|
|Drawdown||An action that decreases the Prepaid Balance associated with a drawdown charge.
Uploading usage triggers Drawdown transaction type.
|Drawdown Adjustment||An action that updates a usage record tied to a drawdown charge, thus updating the associated Prepaid Balance.
Uploading usage with a unique key triggers Drawdown Adjustment transaction type.
|Drawdown Reversal||An action that is generated during the automatic reversal of a usage record tied to a drawdown charge. This type of transaction is based on one Drawdown or Drawdown Adjustment transaction. The following order actions trigger the Drawdown Reversal transaction type:|
|Prepayment Credit Back||
An action that decreases the associated prepaid balance to 0 due to removal or cancellation. The following order actions trigger the Prepayment credit Back transaction type:
|Prepayment Reverse Credit Back||Deleting an order (the previous removal or cancellation order) triggers the Prepayment Reverse Credit Back transaction type.|
Suppose you take the following actions for a customer who has subscribed to your prepaid product (10 units included per month) for one month.
|Action||Prepayment transaction type||Units|
|Create the subscription||Prepayment||10|
|Renew the subscription for one month||Prepayment||10|
|Update prepaid quantity to 15||Prepayment Adjustment||5|
|Upload one usage record with Quantity = 3 units||Drawdown||-3|
|Update the previous usage record with Quantity = 4 units||Drawdown adjustment||3 (First recover the above 3 units )|
|Drawdown||-4 (Then draw down the 4 units)|
Upload usage record with unique key
A unique key is a specific identifier for a usage record. You can use it to create or update a usage record in the following ways:
- As a new column called UNIQUE_KEY when importing a usage file
- As a new field called “UniqueKey” in the request body when using the SOAP API call
Unique key is not required for a usage record, but if you include it, the system will check whether a usage record with the same unique key already exists in the database.
- If No, the system will create a new usage record.
- If Yes and the existing usage record was deleted, the system will recover the usage record and update it with the new one.
- If Yes and the existing usage record was not deleted,
- If the two records are identical, the system will ignore the new usage record and keep the existing one.
- If the two records differ in Account ID, Subscription ID, or Charge ID, the system will block this operation because those fields cannot be updated.
- If the two records differ in UOM, Start Date, Quantity, End Date, or Description, the system will update the existing usage record with the new one.