When you renew a subscription, the current subscription term is extended by creating a new term. The number of periods that a subscription is extended is defined by the Renewal Term attributed to the subscription. If any charge in your subscription has the billing period set as
SubscriptionTerm，a new charge segment is generated for the new term. For more information, see Define Billing Periods and Segmented rate plan charges (charge segments). The renewal skips removed charges whatever the
Use the following steps to renew a subscription.
Renew a subscription using the Zuora UI
- Navigate to Customers > Subscriptions and select the subscription you want to renew.
- Click Amendment.
- Enter an Amendment Name. Optionally, enter a Change Description.
- Select Renewal from the Amendment Type list, then click Save.
- The Amendment Detail section outlines the effect of the renewal.
- Click Active. In the Activate Amendment window that pops up, enter a Customer Acceptance Date, then click Save.
Renew a subscription using the Zuora API
See Renewing a Subscription and follow the instructions based on your WSDL version.
Amend or cancel a subscription before the renewal term starts
After you have renewed a subscription, you can still create amendments or cancel the subscription before the renewal term starts. See Amend or Cancel a Subscription Before the Renewal Term for more information.