Configure CPQ X
After CPQ X is enabled, you must complete a sequence of configurations.
To take advantage of the latest features, we recommend that you configure and work with CPQ X in Salesforce Lightning Experience. The steps are all documented based on the Salesforce Lightning Experience. However, you can still configure and use CPQ X in Salesforce Classic.
Take the following fundamental steps to configure CPQ X:
- Configure Opportunity, Account, and Quote layouts to enable access to the Quote Studio page.
- Update default settings to facilitate quote configuration.
- Alternative to Step 2, you can programmatically customize default values by implementing Default Values Plugin.
- Configure product filters and quick filters to allow for easier searching for product rate plans.
- Customize field sets for CPQ X to tailor the fields displayed on the Quote Studio page.
- Configure Quote Studio admin settings to customize advanced functionalities of Quote Studio as needed.
In addition to the previous steps, you can also complete the following advanced configuration as needed:
- Combine guided selling with Quote Studio if you want to allow for users to use Quote Studio with guided selling flows of Zuora Quotes.
- Customize Quote Studio sidebar with Extensibility Framework if you want to customize the sidebar on the right with custom Salesforce LWC or Aura components.
- Customize displayed action dates if you want to remove the Service Activation Date and Customer Acceptance Date options when moving action dates.
- Connect multiple Billing entities to one Salesforce org if you have multiple Zuora Billing entities but want to use only one Salesforce organization.
- Configure Quote Studio field editability based on quote type if you want to set read-only fields, or disabled or hide certain fields based on the quote type.
- Enable lookup filters for fields in Quote Studio if you want to configure lookup fields to be displayed based on the filter logic defined in lookup filters.
- Restrict access to features in Quote Studio if you want to restrict users from accessing certain features in the Quote Studio UI.
What to do next
After CPQ X is set up, users can use CPQ X to create a new quote.