Configure Quote Studio field editability based on quote type
CPQ X allows you to do the following Quote Studio field configuration based on the supported quote type - new subscription quote, amendment quote, or renewal quote:
- Hide fields
- Set read-only fields
- Disable fields to be updated
To configure a field based on quote type:
- In your Salesforce org, navigate to Zuora Config > Quote Studio Settings > Object Fields Config.
- Move your cursor to the field in the Object + Field column. The Browse and Select Field dialog opens.
- Select one of the following objects in the left pane, then the labels of all available fields on this object are displayed in the right pane:
- Quote Rate Plan
- Quote Rate Plan Charge
- Quote Charge Tier
- Quote Amendment
- In the right pane, select the field you want to configure.
- Click Select. Then the selected field entry is added to the table.
- Select one of the properties for this field from the dropdown list for the New, Renew, Amend, and Cancel quote. The following options are available:
- None: With this option selected, clears the chosen behavior (Read Only, Disabled, or Hidden) without deleting the field entry.
- Read Only: With this option selected, the field value is a read-only value that is automatically populated by system.
- Disabled: With this option selected, the field is displayed in the disabled mode and does not allow for updating.
- Hidden: With this option selected, the field is not displayed in the quote creation page of the selected quote type.
- (Optional) To define user profiles for the selected Object/Field, enable Apply to Specific Profiles toggle and select the User profiles.
- (Optional) Enter the filter criteria to apply the configuration to those object fields.
- (Optional) Click to add configure a new field, or click to remove a field configuration.
- Click Save to save the configuration.
The following validation checks prevent you from creating duplicate data:
- You cannot save duplicate settings containing the same OBJECT + FIELD. The following warning pop-up will appear if you create duplicate entries and click Save.
- You cannot save the data when OBJECT + FIELD is defined, but no properties are associated with any of the quote journeys (e.g., new, amend, renew, cancel). The following warning pop-up will appear if you click Save with no properties defined.