There are several advanced features on the Quote Studio page to optimize the user experience. You can create a subscription cancellation quote from the CPQ X - Billing Account Selection Page.
- Ensure that the subscription you want to cancel is active and thus available to select in the Subscription Table.
- The New Quote (New) button has been added to the Opportunity Detail or Account Detail page. See Configure Opportunity, Account, and Quote page layouts for more information.
- Ensure that you are on a Zuora Quotes version 10.5 or above.
Take the following steps to create a cancellation quote:
- In your Salesforce org, navigate to the Account Detail page of an account or the Opportunity Detail page of an opportunity.
- Click the New Quote (New) button.
- In Step 2: Select a Subscription: the Amend , Renew , and Cancel icons are displayed.
- Click the Cancel icon. The New Quote - Cancel Subscription page opens. You will find panels for cancellation details and viewing subscription details on this page.
- Select the required option from the Cancellation Effective Date dropdown under cancellation details. The Cancellation Date is automatically generated based on the selection made in the Cancellation Effective Date dropdown. The following table illustrates how it is generated:
Cancellation Effective Date
|Enter a Date||
By default, the field will display today's date and allow you to click and pick the date from the date picker.
Note: The date picker does not allow you to pick a date past the end of your subscription term.
|End of Current Term||
The field becomes ReadOnly and updated with the end date of the current term.
Cancellation Date = Subscription Term Start Date + Initial Term
|End of Last Invoice Date||
The field becomes ReadOnly and updated with the latest date of the last invoice.
Cancellation Date = Latest ChargedThroughDate from the rate plan charge list
- Click Submit at the top right of the Quote Studio page. This action creates the cancellation quote. The following screenshot shows how the cancellation quote looks: