Sync Salesforce Products to Zuora
When you manage your products in Salesforce, you need to synchronize products and features from Zuora Quotes to Zuora.
To manage your product catalog in Salesforce, you need to enable the Bundling. Contact Zuora Global Support to turn on the setting.
In the Product Catalog Sync tab, you can sync products and features and check the status of sync jobs.
Synchronize Products and Features to Zuora
To sync products to Zuora:
- In the Product Catalog Sync tab, click the Product link at the top of the page.
- Select the products you want to sync.
You can sync up to 10,000 records in one sync session, where records represent products and all the sub-objects, such as rate plans, charges, tiers, and product features.
- Click Sync Products to start the sync process.
To sync features to Zuora:
- In the Product Catalog Sync tab, click the Feature link at the top of the page.
- Select the features you wan to sync.
You can sync up to 100 features in one sync session.
- Click Sync Features to start the sync process.
To see the status of sync operations at the product, feature, rate plan, charge, or tier level:
- Click the relevant link at the top of the page to see a list of the records.
- Click the Id link to go to the detail page if you need more information on one record or want to edit the record. See Create and Manage Products for syncing, validating, or marking to delete an individual product.
- To filter records for a specific status, click All, Failed, or Updated.
- If you synchronized the Zuora product catalog to Salesforce, the products that you deleted in Zuora will be listed as Mark for Delete.
Synchronize Custom Fields in Products to Zuora
Custom fields on the Product, Feature, Product Rate Plan, Product Rate Plan Charge, and Product Feature objects are synchronized to Zuora. Custom fields of String, Date, and Picklist types are supported in product catalog syncs.
To synchronize a custom field from Salesforce product catalog to Zuora:
- In the Zuora application, navigate to Settings > Billing > Manage Custom Fields, and define the custom field as described in Manage Custom Fields.
- Define the corresponding field in Salesforce with the same API name. You can synchronize custom fields up to 255 characters long. For the picklist type custom fields, each picklist option can be up to 255 characters long.
- Add the custom field to the corresponding field set based on the object.
Object Field Set Product2 Product_Custom_Fields zqu__ZFeature__c CustomSentToZuoraFields zqu__ZProductFeature__c ProductFeature_Custom_Fields zqu__ProductRatePlan__c RatePlan_Custom_Fields zqu__ProductRatePlanCharge__c Charge_Custom_Fields
- Add the custom field to the corresponding page layout for field value entry.
For example, if you are adding a product custom field, go to Setup > Customize > Products > Page Layouts > Product Layout (in the Zuora Quotes package) > Edit, and drag the custom field to the layout.
- The sync process will automatically sync the custom field values to Zuora.
- After the sync is completed, go to Zuora product catalog to see the corresponding custom field populated with the value set in Salesforce product catalog.
Mark a Product for Delete
When you mark a product, a feature, a rate plan, a charge, a tier, or a product feature for delete in the Product Catalog Sync tab, the record is deleted in Salesforce and Zuora when the record is synced to Zuora.
The Delete button toggles to turn on and off the Mark for Delete flag on a record.
View Sync History
View the status summary of the sync jobs in the Product Catalog Sync tab. If you receive an error during a sync, Sync History list can help you start troubleshooting the issue.
To view sync job history summary in Zuora Quotes:
- In the Product Catalog Sync tab, click History.