Change the Invoice Owner for a Quote
Set the Subscription & Invoice Owner for a New Subscription Quote
When you create a New Subscription quote, you can specify a different billing account as the invoice owner. You can select any active, not cancelled billing account that is currently available in your Microsoft Dynamics as the invoice owner.
If the Invoice Owner field is set to a valid billing account, when the quote is sent to Zuora, the invoice owner of the new subscription will be set to the corresponding billing account in Zuora.
If the Invoice Owner field is set to a billing account that is no longer available in Zuora, the subscription creation will fail and will display an error message warning that the billing account no longer exists in Zuora.
Change the Subscription & Invoice Owner for an Amendment Quote
When creating an Amendment quote, the Invoice Owner field defaults to the existing subscription invoice owner, but you can change the existing subscription invoice owner to a different billing account.
If you select a different billing account as the subscription invoice owner when creating an Amendment quote, after the quote is sent to Zuora, an Owner Transfer amendment will be created to transfer the original subscription invoice owner to the new billing account.
If you leave the Invoice Owner field empty, once the quote is sent to Zuora, an Owner Transfer amendment will be created to transfer the original subscription invoice owner to the subscription owner billing account.
Change Subscription & Invoice Owner for a Quote
To change the invoice owner for a quote:
- In your Microsoft Dynamics 365 org, navigate to the Quotes layout page.
- Click the New Zuora Quote button.
- In the area of Sales Information, select the Potential customer. After a Potential customer is selected, Bill To Contact and Sold To Contact associated with this account are displayed.
- In the Quote type field, select Amend Quote. You will see a new field, Zuora Subscription to Amend when you select Amend quote.
- In the Zuora Subscription to Amend field, select the subscription you wish to amend. All subscriptions associated with the account will be displayed as soon as you select the subscription.
- Click Owner Transfer button under the subscription section.
- Select the Contract Effective Date, Subscription Owner, and Invoice Owner.
|Contract Effective Date||The date when the contract takes effect. If the subscription includes charges that trigger at specific date points, then this date triggers charges set to the value, Upon Contract Effective.|
|Subscription Owner||The account ID that owns the subscription.|
|Invoice Owner||The account ID that owns the invoices associated with the subscription.|
- Click Submit.
- Click Send to Zuora.