Suspend a Subscription
Suspending a subscription allows you to pause an active subscription temporarily and bring it back to active status later. You may want to suspend your customer subscriptions due to customer payment issues or your customers want to pause their services for a certain period.
After you suspended a subscription, the status of the subscription changes to Suspended. All the charges within the subscription are also suspended.
Take the following steps to suspend quote:
- In your Microsoft Dynamics 365 org, navigate to the Quotes layout page.
- Click the New Zuora Quote button.
- In the area of Sales Information, select the Potential customer. After a Potential customer is selected, Bill To Contact and Sold To Contact associated with this account are displayed.
- In the Quote type field, select Amend Quote. You will see a new field, Zuora Subscription to Amend when you select Amend quote.
- In the Zuora Subscription to Amend field, select the subscription you wish to amend. All subscriptions associated with the account will be displayed as soon as you select the subscription.
- Click Suspend button under subscription section.
- In the resulting screen, select the Contract Effective Date.
- Select one of the following options under suspend policy:
- End of Last Invoice Period
- The number of periods from today
- Specific date
|Today||The subscription is suspended on today's date.|
|End Of Last Invoice Period||The subscription is suspended at the end of the last invoice period. The suspend date defaults to a date that is one day after the last invoiced period. For example, if the last invoice period is from April 24, 2022 to May 23, 2022, the suspend date is on May 24, 2022. You can choose this option to avoid any undesired credits being issued back to the customer.|
|The number of periods from today||The subscription is suspended after the specified period based on today's date. Specify the length of the period and select one of the following period types: Day(s), Week(s), Month(s), and Year(s).|
|Specific date||The subscription is suspended on a specific date.|
- Specify a date in the Contract Effective Date field. This is the date that your customer provided as the notice of suspension.
- Click Submit.
- Click Send to Zuora.