Checkout.com allows you to build flexible payment flows, collect payments quickly and securely, and accept payments from various payment methods. Zuora’s integration with Checkout.com makes it simple to accept recurring and one-off payments via credit cards, bank transfer, or ACH.
Supported payment methods
The checkout.com gateway integration supports the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards, including:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- China Union Pay
Supported payment operations
The checkout.com integration supports the following payment operations:
Set up checkout.com integration
After the checkout.com gateway integration is enabled in your tenant, set up the payment gateway.
- Click your username at the top right, and navigate to Settings > Payments > Set Up Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway Type dropdown list, select checkout.com.
- Click create gateway.
- Complete the information for the gateway instance. See below for more information about the fields.
- Click save gateway information.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. Zuora recommends that you review Setting Up Payment Gateways for information about these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount: This field is used only for credit card validation. You can validate the credit card payment method using 0 or non-zero authorization amount. Defaults to 1 in Zuora.
- Verify new payment method (optional):
With this checkbox selected, the validate call is triggered for any supported payment method when a new payment method is created.
For ACH and SEPA, Source ID from checkout.com must be entered in the MandateID field during the payment method creation if this checkbox is selected.
- Verify updated payment method (optional):
With this checkbox selected, the validate call is triggered for any supported payment method when an existing payment method is updated.
This checkbox must be selected for ACH and SEPA to have updated payment information reflected in checkout.com.
Additional configuration fields
The following fields are specific to this gateway integration:
- API Key: It is required by all endpoints for authentication. This field corresponds to the secret key in your Checkout.com merchant account. You can obtain it by navigating to Settings > Channels.
- Default Soft Descriptor (optional): The default soft descriptor for payments. It is required for all Direct Debit payment methods.
- Since Checkout.com uses auto-capture by default, payment requests are captured very quickly. Therefore, payments cannot be cancelled or voided using the Checkout.com gateway. Once made, payments can only be refunded later.
- Non-referenced refunds (credits) are not supported by the checkout.com gateway integration.