Use attachments in Zuora to upload documents of various formats to associate additional information with accounts, subscriptions, or invoices. Example attachments could be purchase orders (PO's), tax exemption document, or ownership transfer forms.
You can upload any number of attachments for each supported Zuora record, up to the value set in the Maximum number of attachments per record field in tenant profile.
An attachment can belong to only one Zuora record, such as a specific invoice, a subscription, or a customer account.
For subscriptions, an attachment is tied to all versions of the subscription via the Subscription Number.
See Attachments for managing attachments through Zuora REST API.
To view attachments on an account, subscription, or invoice, you need to have the permission to view the specific account, subscription, or invoice.
To add or edit attachments on an account, subscription, or invoice, you need to have:
- The permission to update (create or manage) the specific account, subscription, or invoice
- The 'API Write Access' platform permission
To delete attachments, you need to have the specific permission to delete attachments.
The following limits apply to attachments.
|Maximum size of one attachment file||4MB|
|Total maximum size of all attachment files in one tenant||2GB|
|Maximum number of attachments on one record||25|
|Executable files as attachments||Not supported|
Supported File Types
Files with the following extensions can be used as attachments in Zuora.
Manage Attachments in UI
Follow the steps in this section to add, view, edit, or delete an attachment on a Customer Account, Subscription, or Invoice detail page.
To add an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click + new attachment.
- Click choose file and select the file you want to attach.
See Supported File Types for the types of files you can use as attachments.
- In the Description field, give a description of the attachment.
- Click save.
To delete an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click the title of the attachment you want to delete.
- Click the action menu bar and select Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.
To edit an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click the title of the attachment you want to edit.
- You can edit the file name and the description of the attachment.
- You cannot edit the content in the attachment file. To edit the file content, delete the attachment and add another the updated attachment.
- Click save.
To download an attachment:
- In the Attachments section, click the title of the attachment you want to download.