Using ACH with Authorize.net
Zuora supports ACH via Authorize.net's eCheck.net (electronic check payment method). Zuora supports Authorize.net eCheck payments that use the WEB or CCD transaction types. Don't use the PPD transaction type for Authorize.net eCheck payment methods. See Authorize.net's eCheck.net Operating Procedures and User Guide for more information about eCheck and the available transaction types.
- WEB is an internet-initiated entry. It's an eCheck.Net transaction type that's a charge against a customer checking or savings bank account. The customer provides payment authorization through the internet.
- CCD is Cash Concentration or Disbursement. It's an eCheck.Net transaction type that's a charge or a refund against a business checking account. One-time or recurring CCD transactions are fund transfers to or from a corporate entity.
- PPD is a Prearranged Payment and Deposit entry. It's an eCheck.Net transation type that's a charge or refund against a customer checking or savings account. PPD transactions originate when payment and deposit terms between the merchant and the customer are prearranged, such as with ARB (Automated Recurring Billing) transaction. Don't use PPD for Authorize.net eCheck payment methods in Zuora.
Check with Authorize.net to see what type of eCheck account you have set up (WEB or CCD).
If Authorize.net requires you to use CCD for your payment transactions, then you must ensure that your ACH payment method in Z-Billing uses business checking as an account type.
To create a payment method using CCD:
- Open the Z-Billing account that you need to add the payment method to.
- Click the create new payment method option under Electronic Payment Methods.
- Select ACH in the dialog that appears.
- Select Business Checking from the Account Type list.
- Enter the rest of the information that you need.
- Click the Save button.
If the payment method is not configured correctly, Authorize.net will return the following error:
This eCheck.Net type is not allowed.